Yet another TV decision thread...

Oh Hi, I’m still alive fyi :slight_smile:

Recently won a $1000 galleria mall gift card, and looking for a TV.

I think I’ve found what I want, the specs and price on this TV seem too good to be true, so just looking for a few opinions. I don’t know much about Vizio, but when I see Samsung TVs with similar specs costing nearly $500 more, I get weary of a brand I don’t have any experience with.

I wanted LED, 50" or bigger, 1080 (obviously), 240hz or more preferred…would have settled for 120, and 3d. The fact that this has built in wifi/apps is a huge bonus.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/VIZIO+-+M-Series+Razor+LED+-+50%26%2334%3B+Class+(49-1/2%26%2334%3B+Diag.)+-+LED+-+1080p+-+240Hz+-+Smart+-+3D+-+HDTV/8768104.p?id=1218890758669&skuId=8768104#tab=overview

i’m also in the market for a TV but don’t have a living room big enough for a 50"+ but its going to bug me if I don’t get something big.

I was looking at the samsung LG TVs that have LED smart properties.

Read lots of good and bad reviews with both brands BUT TVs that sport the same specs but made by brands like vizio toshiba sharp are much cheaper. so I’m weary of buying cheaper tvs.

i get the whole " you get what you pay for" but when it comes to big TVs, I find that price is driven more by brand marketing and useless features than quality.

anyone who owns the less popular brands of LED TVs, can you chime in and give us your two cents on them.

Thanks