Vizio TV's?

Anyone own one or have seen them?

Curious how they are for a cheaper HDTV. I found a 120hz one that is pretty cheap and thinking about grabbing it for my room.

I do not have one, but a lot of people I work with jumped on a special that Sams Club had, and they love the TV’s. I am not sure if they know what good video should look like, but for a bedroom TV it may be worth it.

It is “TVs”, not “TV’s”. The TV does not have possession of anything.

lol

i hate that so much too

hey guys my car’s wont start whats the deal

So adding apostrophes is a crime, but neglecting them somehow isn’t?

:picard:

FUCKING SEARCH YOU ASS

I had a 37’’ Vizio. It was a good tv for the price. For a bedroom tv, you wont be missing much.

I have a 50" plasma and a 37" LCD. For the money, they are good TV’s.

HD looks nice, SD is average.

I think there has been 2 of these threads. My parents have 2 of the Vizio’s and got em for dirt cheap, they look great too for the price.

Im buying the 47 XVT with the 120hz refresh rate. Dell has it for under 1250 shipped. My friend has one and the picture is great. Vizio is a great low cost alternative.

I look at different brands of HDTVs daily, Vizio and LG are the worst, IMO. The owners also state that the picture is great, but they’re all coming from SD to HD mainly and it is quite a jump, but HD vs HD, these TVs suck.

Samsung, Sony bravia and Panasonic are the best looking.

I have a smaller vizio in my room, picture is good for the size of the tv. I cant complain about it, plus no HD in my room so its good for what it is.

You will not be disappointed. I know a bunch of people with them now.

I have a 37 inch in my bed room. Great TV for the price. I still have no upgraded to HD service. I dunno y. The only thing that you will find is that the blacks leave a lil to be desired. i only notice this when I am listening to a XM channel and the direct TV screen saver comes up.

If you are looking to use it as your main TV, don’t buy it. They are ok for the money, but they are a low end HD tv. If you are spending the money on a TV for you living room/Family room/ TV room ect, where it will be your main TV spend the extra money and buy a Samsung. Samsung is at the top of the HD world, and it is worth every extra penny.

Wouldn’t an Elite be the way to go if she was looking to spend more money?

If you want to just throw money away, elite is the way to go. I bet you noone can tell the difference in a good samsung vs an elite. The pictures are very similar and you can save a good amount going samsung vs elite, or even a bravia.

Actually I could tell pretty clearly.

Look at the wall in Best Buy… the one that looks the nicest is an Elite. The one that comes in 2nd is an Elite as well.

Obviously if they wanted to spend more money they wouldn’t be considering a Vizio, but for the money, you can’t beat it. The Samsung is probably the next TV I buy.

Doesn’t suprise me they’d make the $5k tv look better then the 2-3k tv.

bestbuy’s setup is shit, as well as CC, sears, etc… The worst thing you could do is buy a tv from just looking at tvs in those shops… Try stereo adv or speaker shop.

what makes the setups shit? I was under the impression that looking at tvs side by side is one of the best ways to determine what has a better picture. For example, contrast ratio. Most companies rate theirs based on a different scale. 5000:1 or 50,000:1 dynamic. For some reason, 50,000:1 doesnt always look better than the 5,000:1 tv. Side by side comparisons are very important.

I really dont see why they even put contrast ratio as a spec anymore. There isnt a universal way to measure it that all companies use. Seems pointless to me.