Which tv would you buy?

So I currently have a Sharp 60hz 1080p 42" My dad mentioned the other day he would buy it from me, if I got a better one… So I have been keeping my eyes open, and Im considering two at this point, both Vizio.

VIZIO M420NV 42-inch Class Edge Lit Razor LED LCD HDTV 120 Hz

VIZIO SV421XVT 42-Inch XVT-Series 1080p 240 Hz SPS LCD HDTV

I do a lot of gaming, so I thought the faster 240hz would be better as far as LCD. But the other is 120hz, still an upgrade from my current, and LED… So Im looking for opinions.

LED without a fucking doubt. I love my 46" samsung led more then anything lol.

I would buy a TV at discount, return it three times and buy another TV on sale then try to return that at the list price.

:rofl:rofl

Fuck you ryan
:hug

I wasn’t trying to return it at list price, I was merely wondering if I was able to get something of equal value, not return it for cash, regardless it worked out and I ended up getting an 1800 (Samsung C7000 3D Plasma) dollar TV for a grand when they saw how much BS i went thru, the reason i was returning these TV’s was due to a defect, and I wanted to get a comparable model that was 300 dollars more at the time.

Anyways, get the LED Edge lit, had the 46" model was great. The 120vs240hz will have nothing to do with the input lag feeling in a video game. The TV operates at 60hz no matter what you do, the 120-240hz is frame interpolation. Basically it adds frames that are not there to make the picture seem smoother.

just an FYI…there is no such thing as an “LED” tv. TRUE LED technology isnt out yet and wont be for awile. so your buying an LCD tv that has LED’s at each corner.

i say neither. PLASMA still reigns supreme.

Plasmas suck for gaming… It’s a known fact

AND YES DEADBEAT WE ARE AWARE THAT THEY ARE NOT TRUE LED

We have gone over this about 1000000x

Plus, if you look, you will notice we used “EDGE LIT LED” … not LED TV

I was kidding dude… :rofl

I may be the outcast, but i like how plasmas look for gaming WAY better than LCD. Any the whole burnt pixel thing is BS, I have 0 burnt pixels.

Also prefer plasma in general for everything.

:facepalm

Here we go again. We’ve already discussed this. Plasma no longer has any benefit compared to an LED LCD (be it in the corners or what not).

The LED LCD back lighting is now just as nice as Plasma (which was their stake to claim for a while - better backlighting). And that 600hz refresh rate Plasma boasts is useless. Most people won’t notice anything on a 60hz TV. The only reason why we need 120 or 240 is for the 3D stuff. That’s it.

LED LCD OP. Do it.

Oh I agree, they look 100000x better… Burn in is not so much an issue anymore but belive it or not it does still happen, but you have to try for it to happen.

The problem is INPUT lag, if you constantly play on a plasma its really not to big of a deal, but if your switching from an LCD TV, or go back and forth between them, depending on how sensitive you are to it, you notice some serious input lag. I’m not a big console gamer, but I have experienced this for myself just to check out it out with a buddy’s xbox… its annoying

I Love Direct back lit LED TV’s… but you really cannot beat the shadow detail/blacks on a plasma. My C7000 looks better than anybody i knows TV.

and Ilya, plasmas do still have an edge on LCD TV’s if your a critical viewer who has to pick out the littlest problems with everything :rofl

I am def leaning towards the LED only lit by the corners cause I says so RAWR guy stated, lol. I dont mind the 60hz I have now, but I will turn quick (play cs on it sometimes) and I can just see it lag a bit, thats what bothers me. I have read that the 120hz is more favorable than the 240hz at times, for the realism of movements I guess… I dont like plasma.

This exactly.

i also have both LED and PLASMA for gaming and the plasma blows it away.

Clarity yes I agree… but im very sensitive to input lag and it bugs the shit out of me.

Fuckin A, sorry ReDevil

You guys wanna have a tv debate LMK I’ll make a thread

Both LCD and plasma have their advantages and disadvantages… Its really about how critical you are and what you mostly use your TV For

Input lag? seriously? what is it .0000000001 seconds?

:rofl

95% of the people on this planet won’t see the difference. lol.

I heart Shift. lol

It varys from plasma to plasma, but on my TV, its quite noticeable… you can just tell when you move the thumbstick that its not reacting like it does on an LCD/CRT TV

Panasonic plasmas are soon to be coming out with the KURO technology. they bought out Pioneer tvs.