You don't "need" a cold air intake

Keep the stock oil pan, and get a windage tray. Removing the balance shafts is good for any more power than stock anyways, and the stage 3 revving. Then, in the balance shafts place you can put a nice windage tray and get the benefits of oil baffles, with the extra benefit of crank scrapers.

There are options. crankscrapers.com makes some good stuff. I have the DCR windage tray in mine.

I run the DCR windage tray, no balance shafts, the DCR oil pump with coated gears, oil modifier in the head to prevent lifter float, the big filter kit with a K&N Viper oil filter, and 7 qts. of oil :hang:

word cotton… thats in the works too before the next event!
thanks for the advice!

If only you’d take turns, Mark. :slight_smile:

actualy, common sense would tell you that the warmer the intake charge, the warmer it will be when it leaves the turbo, the warmer it will be when it leaves the intercooler

just like you can get the interior of your car cooler if you run the A/C with the windows up instead of down

simple stuff …

I gain 30hp with out the filter

Jesus christ, lol

Tonight I had mixed results. I went slower, but my 60’ times were down due to spinning more. I only got 3 runs in, and it was hard to tell for sure. My MPH went down 1 mph, but my ET went down like… 2 - 3 tenths. I am pretty sure it was from me spinning 1st gear so much more. I would spin 1st instantly to redline (with the slicks) and then grab 2nd gear, where it would bog, HARD! Then when it spooled back up again, I would complete my run, going 12.1 @ 118.6. I wanted to keep testing, and see how my MPH was if I nailed a 1.8 and didn’t bog 2nd, but it was so busy, I only got 3 runs in.

So, I would like to say these results are inconclusive. Maybe this weekend I can go again and find out.

–mark

Do you have a goal time, and et?
Do you think the no filter will net you a large gain?
What would you like to see difference wise running no filter? like your estimates…

chances of that happening? :gay3: about as good as him finding his MAF

i used to ride the limiter in my crx in first gear til wheel speed caught up a lil bit. seemed to help a bit. should have my neon up and running by mid next week :snky: we will have to do it up!

im guessing you got a scan gauge now?