Your home theatre/stereo set up, Moffitt need not apply

Anyone else get as depressed as me when they add up what they spent in cables alone, I keep a excel file with totals spent that is in used, which doesn’t include what I have sitting in my closet right now :frowning:

I spent more on cables than most people spend on there TV

adn the psyclone cables are actually undersized rca’s on the tv end, which suck they basically pulled out the RCA connectors on my TV in my bedroom because they where too tight

JVC 36" standard TV, no HD or anything.
TW Cable box with Digital cable.
Denon AVR-1603 5.1 Reciever.
Sony 5 Disc Changer for CD’s its like 13 years old.
Sony Playstation 2
Definitive Technologies BP-8 Speakers
Velodyne DD-12 Subwoofer
Sony generic 100watt 10 inch sub
Yes i run dual subs.
My computer is wired in so i run all my music through that.

If i want to get old school, ill hook up the Dynoco 2x45 Amp and the NEC preamp and get it pumping.

That is my room.

In the Family room.
The same Denon AVR-1603 receiver
Definitive Technologies BP-6000’s i think
Veloydyne CHT-8 Subwoofer
Polk Audio Center Channel
I forget what the rears are.

In the Basement is a very old Marantz Receiver in wonderful condition
and a pair of Criterion Speakers. Its the workout system, with a 27 inch sony old ass tv and a panasonic dvd player.

wait why the fuck are you even using the denon when you have a dynoco sitting around

ashylarry, dump the copper heads, expecially for the pre-amp, by going to a thicker cable like the king cobra you gain a lot of low end response. For my old Nad-Integra combo I went from g-snake->sidewinder->copperhead->diamondback->king cobra its a world of difference between them

becuase the dynoco doesnt have sub outs, and i dont want to buy crossover unit or seperate amp to run them. The dynoco is ancient, and easily has 10x the power of my denon.

60" Ultravision
DVR
PS2
500W Reciever w/ 5.1 (minus sub)

Total investment:
60" Ultravision - Garbage picked, $65 repair
DVR - $4.95 a month
PS2 - $50
500W Reciever w/ 5.1 (minus sub) - $20

So… I get adequate entertainment for me and anyone within 50’ for the price of like 2 decent cables.

Honestly though, the sweet speakers are in the basement, too big for the current configuration of the living room.