Your NYS tax dollars going towards Transgender Surgery

I have no problem with my tax dollars going towards the sick…who really are sick and need it.

I do have a problem with it going towards people who steal from the system.

AND THIS IS JUST OUT OF CONTROL:tdown:!!!

Theres got to be a way to say “I aint paying”

You wanna change your gender…do it on your own dime. Medical problem my ass

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/136727/37/NY-Considers-Medicaid-for-Transgender-Surgery

Welcome to living in the 2nd most liberal state in the country.

There’s a reason why NY spends more on Medicaid than TX and CA combined.

Don’t like it, move to TX or FL :slight_smile:

So many things I dislike about NY politics/taxes/etc…

Well Bloomberg invited illegals here now they can change their sex too. Don’t worry about the companies that create jobs and are leaving NY we can all work at UB 20/20! YAY!

This is actually why I moved to NY 7 years ago…2 more years of surgeries and I’ll be ‘complete’:tup:

California and Minnesota already provide Medicaid coverage for transgender surgery and hormone replacement therapy, which the American Medical Association calls medically necessary.

What the fuck is this garbage. People wonder why state/local governments don’t have the budget for things that are actually important.

Guys, being born in the wrong body is a serious thing that causes a lot of pain for the people going through it and for their families. It’s a serious problem that THEY’RE BORN WITH.

I am extremely close to two people who have gone through it and after knowing what they’ve been through, I don’t have a problem paying for at least some of it.

It honestly is a real medical problem.

That’s all I’m gonna say though, I don’t have time to argue about this all day.

EDIT:

Guys, I’m with you on hating welfare and all that, but this is honestly not on the same level.

Fuck that shit. I hate this god damn state. Cut every one of these damn loop holes in medicare/aid, state child support, and unemployment and NY would be amazed at the money it has left over.

If you are “confused” or think you are born someone else, that is great but do it on your own money. My eyes are bad. The state doesn’t cover LASIK for me even tho I pay 33% taxes. If I end up in the ER, it comes out of my health insurance and paycheck. I also want a tree trunk for a penis because I feel like I should have been born with one and without one, I feel less of a man and mentally unable to perform. Where is my cosmetic surgery?

Born with the wrong body>?!?! are you kidding me?

Pay for it yourself or buy a dress.

Itd be different if there was a legitimate health problem linked to it. Somebody link the price of the said surgeries and the medicaid allowable charges… I want to know what I WOULD be paying had I not left NYS.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

In4treetrunkpeens… I was gonna post that as well… lol

Yea sorry. I dont believe its a medical condition. I think the person is confused / they had a bad child upbringing / someone fed them lies.

AND YES I AGREE, I too have bad eye vision THAT I WAS BOOOOOORN WITH but no one is fronting the bill for laser surgery are they.

Tree trunk = classic.

Call chan. 2 and say this. I would love to see that on the news.

Next we will be paying for stripers whos bodies are not up to par anymore due to something they cant help…old age.

lol NO

It’s alright guys I know the demographic of these sites - white, conservative males from the suburbs who generally have never interacted with anyone who is any type of minority. Maybe there was one black dude in your school and everyone referred to him as, “the black kid.” You’ve probably never had the chance to meet anyone who is another type of minority, (LGBT, non-believer, etc.) therefore you have no empathy for what they go through.

Wow, this is my first post on politisuck. I feel like I’ve reached a new low.