Your School / Work Bag

Settling into my hotel here in Birmingham I thought about how my work bag is still in good shape after all the travel.

I bought this Coleman bag in Japan in '02 (primarily 'cause it was on sale and actually affordable to a poor schmuck). Few hundred thousand miles and countless overhead bins later, it’s still in good shape. Never thought Coleman made any quality stuff but this has proven me wrong.

Morizo (the forest dongle dangling off the bag- from the '05 Expo in Japan) seems to be doing OK too.

http://shift518.com/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=778

What do you use for work / school?

I have a swiss army carry on that has a laptop pouch in it. I’ve had it for 6 years and countless trips everywhere. Was my daily carry into work too. Been left out in the rain snow etc. Thing won’t die.

I’ve had a Dakine Heli Pro for 5 years. It’s my ski/school bag and it’s indestructible.

Tamrac Expedition 4x and Expedition 8 photo back-packs. They seem like they are built quite well. Never had an issue.

Northface panic that i’ve had for a decade(no joke)
I also use it for snowboarding

Wow good to know their stuff lasts (for that price tag!)

If it doesn’t fit in my pocket’s, it doesn’t come with me.

I also have northface bag, def over 10 years old

I have been using this Swiss bag, pretty sure I got it from you Archie lol and an older targus laptop bag.

SwissGear or whatever it is backpack from 05. It’s fucking indestructible. I’ve used it to move into and out of dorms, haul my EMS stuff and tons of other shit (fuck yeah LAN parties!) It’s almost always in my car or within 10 feet of me.

I got some yellow northface pack. It is dope, seemingly indestructible and say’s hey look at me I can afford somewhat expensive things! I love it! :lol It does fit all my camera gear nicely and straps up nice and comfy and tight, would buy again.

Got a black Spec Ops T.H.E. bag. Ive had it for 8+ years and has been through hell and back with me. Rain storms, snow storms, sand storms, rock storms (:wierd), stepped on, slept on, ran over, used as a sandbag, strapped to the outside of vehicles for weeks on end and is still in great shape. I still use it for everything, its probably one of the best pieces of gear Ive ever owned! Best part: it still had Iraq moon dust in the seams that Im just gonna leave right in there.

I have my Dell laptop backpack I got for free when I bought my 2nd laptop and have had it for about 5 years, only really use it when I’m on the bike and I bring lunch to work with me though.

ok i am gonna get shit for this but y not. The bag i use as a laptop or electronics bag is the one that they gave you if you reserved mirrors edge from gamestop. Perfect laptop or camera bag but the thing is a bright ass yellow. lol

ive been using an ecko messenger style bag for a long time now. i need to wash it out tho, ive had a snickers bar shatter in it.

http://www.thatsourbag.com/prodimg/COLUU9251.jpg

Been using a Columbia Wallowa pack for the past 3 years. Worked awesome for those 3 years, (used for books, hiking and snowboarding) but the zipper just bit the dust recently.

Looking to get into a Dakine Heli Pro pack for next year. Will be better for lugging my board around when we hike up mountains.

http://edge.shop.com/ccimg.shop.com/240000/240700/240749/products/-!DaKine%20Heli%20Pro%20Backpacks%20Rasta%20One%20Size--298581090.jpg

Wal Mart shopping bags.

I use an LL Bean backpacking back pack. For work I have to carry a ton of stuff and find this to be the best thing for it.