Your thoughts on this jeep i ma looking to buy?

:eek2: LMAO! Well i don’t know guys, for some strange reason i am gravitating towards this and it would not be the first dumb move i have made,lol. I am just thinking it would be good for a ride for two years or so until i get outa debt then buty a real truck. As far as highway MPG goes, well Trish has her TITAN that we use primarily for highway and she pays the gas(most of the time):slight_smile: . I hardly if any do any highway driving except to go to bell vernon once a week for bowling.

keep the GTP. you will be sorry.

Your mileage will be 16-18 city and 20-22 Hwy. They have a 3.50 axle ratio and the aerodynamics of a cinder block, so mileage is not great. I have owned 5 of those things. I loved mine, and will prolly buy another one. But i wouldn’t buy that one. Not for that price.

Devin your getting gayer each month.

agreed! my gtp now has 70k and i love every min of it! i use to drive a white jeep like that my old boss around town.it sucked i felt like a ping pong ball inside! and it rusted fast underneath! sure the 4.0 had some pull but nothing compared to the gtp and the jeep sucked in turns and was to small to drive no leg room!!..i think u will hate it…and for the r title part stay away u never know who fixed it and how bad it was!! if i was you id park the gtp it’s paid for and take a loan out for 5000 and buy something decent and the turbo GTP later!!!

GTP > that jeep. Imagine a nice night out with a hunny it that piece :slight_smile:

only thing i wish the gtp was is a 5spd

Do it! Seems like a great decision!

Why is everyone stating that they are slow? Its a 4x4 vehicle that wasn’t designed for speed, obviously he is getting rid of the GTP for a reason. Speed=Trouble. If you like the truck get it, screw everyone elses opinion…just educate yourself on the known issue of the vehicle you are buying

:kekegay:

So what did you decide devin ?

I have a 97 XJ i bought for 700 bucks…it was slammed by a pat bus but with a clean title.
Pros- Nice to get in and drive everyday goes very well off road, 8.25 rear end, Work horse your not going to be able to kill it. trust me. did anyone ever drive an newer XJ I wouldent consider it “slow” by any means I pulled my civic up the summit and held 45mph. full tools, 4 people, and everyones shit. I have pulled a trailer in the woods countless times getting scrap metal. it payed for it self 5 times by now…

Cons- The uni bodys Flex like crazy in the front end ESP if it has been hit. Gas and 89 octane. you cannot run 87 in it, it just doesnet work well. I have gotten 12mpg to 20 on the highway. hell i got 18 pulling my civic to MIR. I just crossed 150,000 miles and the water pump went. the next thing that is on its way is the front wheel bearings. other then that I dont do anything to it except change the oil and put gas in it.
another thing about these XJ’s for some reason they Do not hold there value. you can find mint 99’s for 2000-3000 Untouched (not lifted).

So this seems steep for this particular jeep. I wouldent do it but that is me. If i where to lift my jeep agian i would just do a add-a-leaf and poly spacer and just run 31X10.50X15s BFG AT’s and it will go anywhere you want it to.

the axles on the 97 and up are a 29 spline 8.25 and a HP dana 30 Both hold tires up to and beyond a 33" inch tire. the older ones had the good for nothing Dana 35

I was actually goign to call you and ask you Joe, i have seen alot on CL and this one has over 1400 in aftermarket shit and now i know that deosn’t mean a thing but all theo ther ones around here on CL are more expensive that i find and not as much done to em ESP with the parts that were installed as preventative maintenece on this one. I have been looking at the XJ’s for quit some time now but all have been out of my price range or beat up or too expensive. I joined jeepforums.com to learn more as well.

Get on www.PGH-offroad.com I seen one on there not to long ago

http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5187

Thanks Joe, i e-mailed him for pics but i am looking for a 99-01:3some: , never heard of that websight either, good find:3some:

there is some pics on the ebay site in the post…

why 99-01?

Here is a pick of it from when it was wrecked, doesn’t look too bad eh?

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/0109081436.jpg

That doesn’t look like serious damage. Mine looks a little like that one, mine is a 5spd, 2001 with around 150k on it. Like the others said though, most XJs are cheaper than that.

I’ll race you when you get it! Actually, my 3.07s wouldn’t fare so well in a race against the auto 3.55s.