Z06 BUILD DONE!!??....

Superchargers are useless.

can you order a cogged belt kit?

or is it like this?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06-discussion/3039850-e-force-supercharger-drive-belt-problems.html

no the motor was broke in already. it was on the dyno to my knowledge and he was doing all the midrange tuning etc. then he went to make a pull and the belt snapped. went and looked at the logs and there was no boost yet but the car had made 512 at 5400 rpm.

so its getting a new fresh belt and if that doesnt work ill either have to get an 8 rib or do something with the tensioner. problem is the 8 rib kit is like $1000 or something stupid. fml

Car was on dyno as I strapped it down on it cause Anthony couldn’t . Ill be on it this weakend I’m also gonna make sure it’s not a alignment issue

no boost at 5400 rpm?

belt snapped ben

im going to call ECS today and see what they think

Convert to roller chain :lol

right but the belt snapped at 5400 rpm and you still hadnt made boost?

i have no idea when it snapped. i dont know if this was full throttle. i was just given this small tid bit of info over a 2 min conversation with tony.

sounds suspicious

Was only roughly 3/4 throttle he was trying to scale the injectors for the midrange . He prolly had a little boost at that point but when it started boosting the belt broke . He don’t have huge boost pulleys so it won’t come on till higher rpms

so its not 512whp n/a

op is a big phony

Superchargers don’t make boost till 6k nowadays.

Instant boost isn’t the point of a supercharger anymore.

When the belt is slipping it ain’t gonna boost ya herb lol

john…where are u getting this info from? lol i think your making it up as this thread goes along

So it made how much in reverse?

just talked to Chris at ECS and he doesnt think its going to make any more than 600 tire haha. i was like um chris i made 620 on my 346 no problems. but either way with the current pully i do not have to go to an 8 rib. if i wanted to, id do a direct drive and it would cost me about $2000.

so i guess lets see what the car makes as is. if it doesnt make at least 700 to the tire on pump gas im going to be one livid mother fucker!

I know how centri superchargers work, faggot, and he should definitely be seeng positive pressure 2/3 of the way through his fucking rev range.

And TS chargers do make boost instantly ******

tis true. if it wasnt making boost by 5400 rpms, then there is a problem. this is of course, based on the info in the tread… which I have no clue if it is accurate lol. but boost should have been had. what are you revving to eman? 7k? how much boost is it pullied for?