07 Z06 and 08 Viper comparison

:lol:

yea, the fox body mustang and mid 90’s SHO’s epidemy of automotive styling…

If both cars were placed in front of me i would take teh Viper for sure. But this is only cause i like he way they look better and i dont really drive hard unless going the the 1/4 mile track so i suck i guess. But thats just me. Ok im curious because i love the way 944s look and i would rather break all of my fingers then drive a SHO(sorry please dont get mad) but do you think your SHO looks nicer then a 944? Im just curious.

I don’t think thats the point he was trying to make

effing :word:

agreed with MPD vette > viper all day, everyday

My favorite color is green and if you don’t agree then you are a poopyhead.
My opinion is fact so your opinion must be wrong if it is different.

Yea i get it now i read it again. It is still ironic though.

Dude get real it is MY opinion that is fact psssshhh. The best color is obviousley blue BTW.

:frowning:

I like blue

damn

That’s 100% correct, factual, and truthful.

This is the most wrongety wrong opinion I have ever heard. Blue > joo.

Looks like Blue is winning. Your guys opinion sucks.

:massmoon:

Thats a pretty good writeup. But for the person who doesn’t have an expendable income, this can clearly put the ZO6 above the Viper in a “realistic” category.

Price, however, is always a factor. Our Viper wore the optional painted-on dual stripes and “razor” wheels and was socked with $1,300 in mandatory gas-guzzler tax. In total, these add-ons tally $5,000 and bring the Viper’s as-tested price to $89,745.

Not that it makes a difference in a contest where adrenaline matters most, but the Viper — in the grand Viper tradition — lacks any sort of creature comforts beyond the ubiquitous air-conditioning and power windows. Dodge also left out any kind of electronic lifeboats, like traction or stability control.

The Z06 is cheaper. It’s also packed with gadgets and gizmos that make it a more usable car. Our test car came with $8,585 in options, including a navigation system, chrome wheels, head-up display, heated seats, a power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, auto-dimming mirrors, side impact airbags and steering-wheel radio controls. Traction and stability control systems are standard. At $78,225 it’s a good value. No, it’s a steal. And it’s the only car to offer this kind of performance for under 80 grand.

Why would anyone buy a Vette right now anyway?
Aren’t the next ones going to be 700hp?

Your signature is ironic. Were you dropped on your head as a child?

I have said it before and will say it again… GM has really stepped it up in every category of thier operations and now in the first time of my life, I like a vette over a viper

Reread what I wrote…my comment was that the Taurus, when launched in 1986, broke the mold for boxy design. That car paved the way for several other companies to follow. Comparing a Taurus to a BMW? Nice…two completely different consumers there, of course the higher end car will have more appeal. And FWIW, I love BMW design…

Design is debatable…and never worth the argument. I feel I’m qualify to say this since I went through Industrial Design at a premier Institute, and am a designer by profession.

Tiburon, need I say more? And I never said anything about those cars being the epidemy of styling…in fact, both are quite ugly in my opinion when stock…which leads me to the next point…

Stock for stock, both cars aren’t that desirebale. Both can be dressed up to look great, and dressed down to be horrid. I think my SHO happens to be quite appealing, and get several compliments from it. I also think MPD’s Porsche looks great! Point is is that damn near ANY car can be made to look good.

For the record, I don’t own either of my cars for there design. Mustang was the car I bought when I was 16 because I always wanted one. Many hours have gone into it to ‘resurrect’ it from when I picked it up as a theft recovery. The SHO was something I picked up in college for $2000…filled my needs of decent power, sunroof, good stereo, and great for my frequent 800 mile roadtrips back home. I only still own it now because it’s treated me well, has 206,000 on it (domestic crap, what???), and I have no car payment to worry about and can focus on my house projects.

Vette>Viper.

Vette > Clown Shoe.

I dont care if it has 100hp less,a few grand in bolt-ons/tune would have it in that range anyway,then i’d still…

1.Spend Less
2.Have more creature comforts
3.Have a better looking car
4.Have more performance