Z06, Viper > Mustangs

Discuss…

;D

i believe the < should go that way lol

viper/z06 are different classes of cars though.not a fair comparison, but me personally id rather have a turbo fox body mustang with a 331 or so in it. for a drag car of course.

Well for a drag car, i would love a Fox Body w/ a turbo 331 but i mean on the street, weekend cruiser… z06, viper, camaro > mustang :nod

i duno adams mustang is quite fast… all have junk interiors though. id rather cruise around in an E46 M3 and be slower

I will agree, GM interiors suck ass. i.e my buddy has a '02 Z24 and it has basically the same interior as a Camaro. Lately though, GM has stepped their game up with interiors in the new vettes, and newer vehicles in general

I wouldnt say they are junk interiors, i peronally like them, guess its just preferance though. And i would rather cruise in my car and whoop all of that viper ass all day long. Not to mention i could build a sick nasty stang for less than half the price of a viper.

And yea i was looking at a 02 ZO6 and it had the same radio as my old bosses astro van. Fuck that, thats gay.

yeah but you drive the Mach daily not that '94…the Mach isn’t hanging with a new school Viper

Well you said a weekend cruiser, that is my weekend cruiser. And the Mach 1 held its own on a newer viper going to lake george from 65-145, i was 1 car behind, not that impressive for a 70K+ car. And you can ask my buddy that we flew by at 130 if that was the case.

your right, my bad i did say weekend cruiser. But when your leg gets better, and if we can get Jay’s brother out to the lot some night with his '03 viper with a tune, headers, and exhaust… Viper vs. Mach :banana :tong

Hell yea, im always down for a race im sure that him being modded he will def get me, but i wanna see how much i can hang in there. Not sure how they respond to bolt ons, im sure pretty well. The car i raced was stock, and he had his hoootttt ass girlfriend in the passenger seat.

So what happens when you have to turn? I dare say you all the sudden you realize why the Viper is that much more money. Course if you really wanna get into it there are multiple Hondas on this board alone that will stomp a viper on the highway, course anything other than a straight line its a different story.

Big price difference between the cars but overall is easy, the Z06. The Viper is nice but too much of a raw sports car and the replacement parts is major rapage and the only thing worse than a Chevy is a Dodge so I’d take the worst of evils.

Mustang sounds incredible but the interior is puke. The 03+ Cobra would be in my driveway right now if it wasn’t for that.

it depends on the model mustang i mean you specificly stated zo6. but you cant really compair a zo6 to a gt mustang… lol …if your allowing the choice to include a steeda Q-650 then im all about the mustang.

Oh yeah, i give them that. Mustangs do sound awesome, the Viper’s tone isn’t my cup of tea but i LOVE the way Vettes (normal or Z06) and Camaro LSx cars sound.

Different classes of cars…

2 seaters vs 2+2 pony cars…

I guess it’s cool for the mustang to be considered competition for the viper/corvette. That being said I like them all, mustang is just the most affordable. I would love to rock a Z06, but I don’t have $70k to shell out. Vipers are sweet and if I had unlimited funds I would want one for a weekend cruiser to take out every once in a while, but I would choose a Z06 over a Viper. My next car will most likely be a boosted 4v mustang though (unless I hit the lottery ;D).

sorry, i’ll take an e92 m3. a v8 reving past 8000rpm’s is sweet.

I’d rather have a aluminum 427 the redlines at 7 grand and makes its peak torque before 3800rpms…

and a aluminum/titanium and carbon fiber body/frame.

• Debates low end torque / 60’ joke *