Z06, Viper > Mustangs

i’m gonna agree with pete, the new m3’s are sick, not to mention the interior is 10x better than all the domestics I’ve ever been in

Gotta love a V-8 that makes 250 TQ…

How did an M3 get thrown in the mix?? And to say what happens when it comes time to turn…i have a steering wheel, that works very well when turned and typically will put me in the direction i point it.

And why does everyone hate the mustang interiors, the 2005+ are gorgeous, roush interior is nothing short of amazing with the carbon fiber accents, nice ass leather seat and gauges. I even like the 94-04, yes they are very similar with little change over the 10 year period, but i and most people that like the cars like em. I would take a stang interior over a C5 vette interior any day.

Horrible comparison. Apples to Oranges. Stock for Stock the Mustang gets raped in every category. Period.

No offense but I CANT STAND mustangs unless they are tastefully modified and the driver, (this being the important part) does not think his car is the fastest thing ever to see pavement.

It depends which one it is, remember there are numerous kinds and models. And no offense but i think more often than not the import drivers think that their cars are unbeatable.

That is def. true but please tell me what stock model mustang is going to beat the new Z06 or the new Viper?

The S302-E from Saleen, 605hp, 6spd, absolutly insane and is more on the playing field of that of the ZO6 and Viper. Roush Stage 3 will be close with them but not quite up to par, theres a few other respectable ones as well, not gonna go through the whole list, but the point of the mustang is to be the working mans sportscar. Not too many Z06 or Vipers are in the “working mans” ball park. And i applaud Ford for keeping it that way and also offering an extreme version of it that will hang with the big boys.

It’s retarded to compare the Rustang with the other two. It’s apples and oranges. The only thing close with performance is the Ford GT but it’s priced out.

Also, why are we using Saleen/Steeda/etc… for comparison? If so, let’s bring up Hennesey and the other aftermarket 3rd party shops for the other two cars.

+1 there…

OK, 1. they arent even in the same category nor price range, soo, im bringing the higher end models into play. 2. For the price of a Vette or Viper you could build a very respectable mustang that will out accelerate, corner and brake either. 3. Why must everyone hate on the stangs, nobody can ever give them any credit, i am a mustang owner and i give hondas respect for christ sake…lol wtf

But, the higher end models aren’t mass produced vehicles. It’s the same as buying a Viper and shipping it off to John H. I understand it’s the only thing that you can do to compare which makes it more evident that it’s a stupid discussion because they aren’t even in the same price category. The Viper/Vette is more geared towards the Ford GT but that’s way out in right field given the price.

As for giving them credit, they sound incredible but their interior quality/look/fit is shit. But, man, they do sound nice. I don’t think many can deny their ability for building a drag car, the fox body Mustang is an excellent platform.

So your telling me i cant go down to Metro Ford right now and pick up a Saleen or a Roush?? Cmon man, thats a dumb statement to say that they are not mass produced. Metro alone has a few Saleens and roushes. And as for the “fit” of the interior, i have never once had a problem with it in any of the 3 of my cars, nothign falling out, no squeeks rattles etc.

I didn’t say you couldn’t get it. I said comparing cars that have been moded by 3rd party is not a fair comparison. If so, let’s compare the Steeda with John H’s Viper packages.

The interior is a personal opinion man. :slight_smile:

No you said they werent mass produced, i corrected you. And yes, not liking the interior is an opinion thing, but quality and fit isnt an opinion, its a fact and they are well amde, just not to somes liking. Like i said ive never had a problem with it.

Mass produced meaning Steeda isn’t a car company. :slight_smile: Sorry, I should have worded it better.

Quality? http://www.nctd.com/review-walk.cfm?Vehicle=2008_Ford_Mustang&ReviewID=3658

The Mustang interior is as blatantly throwback as the exterior, but not as well done. It’s sporty appearance and straightforward in function, but materials quality is lacking.

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/2008/review.html

Cons
Stability control not available, dollar store interior plastics, seats lack sufficient lateral support for enthusiastic driving.

Honestly, the first two reviews I found.

Thats fine, and for the reviews its some yuppies opinion about the interior. Honestly ill have to have your check out the Roush interior, its gorgeous. You can also get Red leather with accents that works well with some colors, i-pod connection, DVD Nav system. Shaker 1000 sound system with 2 factory 10" subwoofers. They’ve come along way, and if you dont see one for yourself, its easy to base it off reviews. And yes the base interiors are pretty bland.

I haven’t seen the Roush ones but the Mustang Cobra at the NYC Auto Show made me walk away. Ask Vlad and the others with me. :frowning:

There is no more Cobra, GT500 maybe?

Correct. Isn’t it the same thing but rebaged?