2003 350Z winter tires

^ haha true that…yea quit telling ppl to drive with vdc off…watch them get into an accident and blame you @_@

i just checked my car and i don’t think i even have the VDC. i checked around the TCS switch and that is all i see there. if this is the case would TCS behave wierd as well?

^If you have a Canadian 350z, you will most def have a VDC switch.
Are you sure you purchased a Can z?
It sounds like you may have got a US enthusiast model (Not 100% sure)

Just double checked and I think you have a Enthusiast model. TCS but no VDC

http://www.canadiandriver.com/previews/03_350z.htm

scroll down to the bottom…doens’t list vdc in the touring…but then again your winter tires are off from the 3%…oh so complicated! ; /

i am 100% sure it’s a CAD car. it was off a lease at the Nissan dealer Toronto. i don’t see the switch and then again like xdragus said it doesn’t list it in the touring or enthusiast. and by those descriptions i still can’t tell which one i have. i know its one of those two. probably will send Nissan my VIN and see if they can check

TCS is only on enthusiast model…

i suggest getting your vin number and check where your car is made for. Just cause you got the car in a Cad dealership doesn’t mean it’s a Cad car…

also, does your car have leather seats? every non-track version of a Cad Z should have leather seats. Also the bose 6-disc changer with a sub behind the driver seat.

for newbies at RWD ya tcs may be req’d
i drove a 74 road runner in the winter
ive driven a S10 with 350 V8 in the winter
RWD kicks ass
and anything to fk with the running dynamic of a vehicle while sliding or about to slide…expected or not…seems like a seriously bad idea…
then add dynamic breaking…
woof imagine driving to work in yer Z and then having to get in a 80’s truck?!?!

my wifes cavalier takes at least 1/2 to 3/4 of a second to react to slip…at speed or from a stop…
this is entirly too long…it also completely cuts the gas for about 1 to1.5 seconds…and in a fwd car you need to use the gas to compensate for drift…sooo
i started drifting (while driving entirely too fast on a side street)…turned the wheel a bit…and went to give more gas…and the TCS kicked in and took my foot off the gas (electronically)
needless to say my compensation corrected the drift
but the momentum of the gas cut overcorrected me
and slingshot jacknifed me the other way…why…cause the gas was still off!!

you guys can cut the vdc wire and put in a TCS style switch cant you?
(switch and relay?)

i hat TCS and would seriously hate the VDC…nothing worse than some geek with suuper thick glasses telling ghost drving my car while im still behind the wheel…this is EXACTLY why auto tranny’s suck sht!

well unless they have change the speedometer on me it still has KM as the main unit. yes it does have leather seats, TCS, don’t see any VDC switches, 6 disc BOSE system.

checked tire rack and they say the standard for enthusiast or touring is still 225/50/17 and 235/50/17 but my car came with 225/45/18 and 245/45/18 and this is also noted in the sticker in the arm compartment. so i’m confused as to which model to but will check with dealer to confirm.

so assuming that the 18" is the standard on my car then what i have now only shows Diameter Difference: 2.88%. so this should still be good.

i’l trying to match my features with the info on the sites but it’s not clear cut as to what model it is.

Ok, what year is your z…
and to clarify, you have…
-TCS
-Leather seats (heated )
-Cruise Control
-Auto/garage opener with your rear view mirror
-6mt or 5auto

it’s a 2003 and everything you have mentioned there. it’s tiptronic.

Taken from http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/03350z.htm

I guess there’s not that many models in Canada for that year. Seems like the touring is what I got. So the 3.33% difference according to TireRack is not accurate for CAD models. I just entered in the actual wheel size I got orignally and it seems to be below the 3% mark. :slight_smile: I appreciate all your repsonse, this is my first “high end” car so any information is valuable… thanks…

In Canada, Nissan offers the 350Z in three trim levels: Performance, Touring and Track Pack. They’re all well-equipped and there’s not a lot of difference between them. The Performance model ($44,900), this week’s test car, has the 287 horsepower 3.5 litre DOHC 24 valve V6 engine, a standard 6-speed manual transmission, low-profile 18 inch tires and alloy wheels with a built-in tire pressure monitoring system, traction control and Vehicle Dynamic Control, limited slip rear differential, xenon headlights, cruise control, leather upholstery, power seats, aluminum pedals, and Bose 240 watt audio system. My test car also had the optional Navigation system ($3400) for a total price $48,300.

Photo: L. Yap
Click image to enlarge

The 350Z Touring model, also priced at $44,900, is similarly equipped, but has a 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode. The Track Pack model ($46,900) has larger vented Brembo brakes, front and rear spoilers, lightweight 18 inch alloy wheels, and the 6-speed manual transmission

You have brembo’s?

nope, so it can’t be track.
it’s leather so def. can’t be track.
it’s tiptronic and according to that only touring has it. other sites has some more info and it also mentioned that VDC not available for touring… i’m reading this on CAD site reviews.

correct me if i’m wrong

It think you are correct.
At least you now know. :smiley:

thanks man, i guess i’m safe after all with the tires .
this is by far the most responsive forum of the 350Z forums i’ve found.

^you need to check out the East Canada regional forum on My350z.com
We even have our own useless thread now!

Thanks to Nitrouz:R :smiley:

ah, i see what happened, you checked specs vs the us 17" stock tires as opposed to our 18" tires. It’s good that everything worked out, sorry to put you though that scare of not knowing where your car came from!

i’m sure glad it did too. that scare sure had me do some research which is good :slight_smile:

but you don’t have VDC right? if so please DRIVE carefully and don’t over gas it when making a turn.