350Z: modifying stock tire size

Hi,

on the 350Z the fronts run at 225/45/18 and the rears run at 245/45/18. with winter tires specifically what will be the harm if any if i run 225 or 245 all around?

Thanks for the input…

NO HARM AT ALL. BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT 45% OF 225MM IS LOWER THAN 45% OF 245MM. SO GO WITH THE 245/45/18 OR 225/50/18 ALL AROUND.

I STAYED AT A HOLIDAY INN LAST NIGHT…

hey thanks alot for the info. so whenever i down size tire what calculation is needed to make sure the over size is the same? is it the height that is the concern?

also, why is OK to raise the front end height by going to 245 recommended instead of lowering the rear by going with 225?

also the front rims are 18x8 and rears are 18x8.5 this should still be ok if i stick the 245 tire on the 18x8?

For winter and snow driving better to have some ground clearance. and 245 will fit on an 8 inch width rim.

if you run the same size tire all around it will throw off your vdc other then that nothing wrong with running same size all around just turn off vdc and good to go.

This is a great calculator I use to calculate wheel height.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/tire-aspect-calc.php

It’s not a bad thing to run a wheel that’s taller or shorter than stock, the only downside, is of course the aesthetic aspect, and your speedo will be out ~5kmph in either direction.

225/45/18 = 25.97 inches tall
245/45/18 = 26.68 inches tall

at that difference the traction/stability systems of the car will probably get mad. Sure you can turn them off, but in the winter isn’t that the time you want those systems?