2004 F150 or 2004 Silverado 1500 - Which to Buy

I’m looking at buying either a 2004 F150 super crew or a 2004 Silverado 1500 crew cab.
Both trucks have similar milage, options, service history, price, etc.
I’m want to keep this thing for several years or so. Which one will be the more reliable of the two? Which one would you buy, and why?

does the ford have the 5.4L triton? my roommate just got an expedition with that motor and its garbage. do some research on the internet about it… garbage. infact, just google “5.4l triton” and read the first line that comes up.

get the silverado. IMO

i will say go GM. of course i am biased. but honestly do not like the ford modular motors. they are great in a mustang but they seem to lack power in the trucks IMO. another is the rear diff. fords used two different rear diff in the half ton. if the 8.8 stay away. again work great in mustang but not in trucks lol.
price out the motors between the two. putting a motor in a 05 expedition soon. the motor was almost 2k alone from salvage yard. where as a chevy motor would be less than 1000 and that is on high side.
and working on them. GM is simpler than an old school pickup truck. the ford is one of the worst to put the motors in. have done it before so i know what i am getting into. but you think for a big vehicle there would be room.

and if you ever need parts you know JJs will have something for you. so logistics is easier if you ever need parts.
but the plus side of ford is they have a lot nicer interiors lol.

this would be the motor that i am talking about it is coming in today by truck. lol

I would say get the Silverado. Even though I’m usually partial to Ford, the Silverado is hard to beat.

:rofl:

Are you serious? Ford is complete shit. Get the Chevy.

GM FTW, Fuck Ford.

Yea, internet research shows a lot of issues with the 5.4 (and the f150 in general).

Lots of good points here…agree Ford interiors are nicer, and nothing like being able to get parts from JJ’s.

Will be eliminating the F150 from my shopping list. Thanks to all for the information!

diesel.

overrated for daily use. it is not cost effective to run. although if going diesel dodge pretty much has my vote though.

diesel truck + make your own biodiesel = win

Making your own biodiesel + Cloging fuel filters & cleaning out carbon/soot deposits out of your motor too fast & locking it up = FTMFL

If your shopping the Silverado with the push button 4wd switch, make sure it is functioning properly. I have a suburban with it and it’s been a bit of a pain. Otherwise no issues.

I just towed to Nashville and back with it and had no issues.

I did a back to back test on a chevy 4.8L and a Ford f150 4.6

I will post the graphs when i get a chance.

the ford made 200/240?
the chevy made 230/235 and reved higher.

I need to get a 5.4 and a chevy 5.3 back to back

tug of war? :sadwavey:

sure, im in tug of war ^

dodge has a good motor, no denying it but the overall package is garbage, horrible interiors and bodies that fall apart around the motor isn’t something Im in to.

I still think in the long run diesel is the better choice IF you need a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. You compare mileage all you want, a diesel is going to outdo a similiar gas truck everywhere hands down

Silvy ftw, aftermarket for them is ungodly compared to the other trucks! Then have Jeff make you some LTs, hes getting really good at them :kekegay:

ford, it has been the best selling truck for 30 some years for a reason.

Ya cause the ppl loyal to em buy a new one every 4 yrs.

Best selling truck = :zzz:

jealousy is an ugly thing :smiley:

Nah… I not worried bout what everyone else buying for the passed 30yrs… Ill take my Chebbys