2008 Wilson Circuit Time Trial events, mark your calendars!

Mike - Yea probably SM, but its best to check and make sure.

Alright so after the SCR meeting tonight, kinda realized we need to get Saturday in on this also. Its in the supps, but only half of you probably read that Tongue Basically if you can make it up to get tech’d and registered/pay on Saturday that would do us a huge favor time wise Sunday. So here are the times a small group of us will be up there to get things started.

Saturday, June 14, 2008
(note: an SCR National club race will be happening over both days)
5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. Registration at the Track
5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. Tech Inspection at the Track

Thanks to everyone who preregistered! Overall we have 44 drivers listed, not to shabby for the program’s 2nd year. If anyone is still on the fence, you can still show up and register Saturday night or Sunday Morning.

ATTN PHOTOGRAPHERS!!!
This event is open to the public, so if you want to come up just to take some pictures your more than welcome. The wilson circuit is small enough where you can get 3/4 the way around it easily for taking shots. There is also a SCCA club race going on beaverun’s North Course. So beaverun is going to be flooded with race cars, should be a good weekend!

Thanks for putting on the event! I had a great time and look forward to running the August event also!

Glad you guys had a good time! I could have had a little better day myself with shitty driving and trying to keep the event running. But other than going a little long things went ok. Here are the final results (remember afternoon results count as the official times).

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=846467
(if you click ‘SCCA time trial’ it take you back to the morning practice results as well)

And more pictures than you can shake a stick at, seriously everyone is probably in there.
http://www.autoxphotos.com/gallery.asp?categoryid=393

Ok so I need to poll you pittspeed people who came to the race, I would like as much input as possible. Would you be willing to pay a extra $25 dollars to NOT work the course during the course of the day? The extra 25 would go towards beaverun using their people to man the course not rather than us. Meaning all you would do is show up and run. Is this a acceptable cost to everyone? Considering we only do 2 of these a year and doing so would speed up the events considerably. Not to mention everyone could relax while not driving. Thoughts?

I would be willing to spend the extra 25 dollars. I feel with them out there they would know the flagging etiqueitte and the event would move faster. Also with the restacking of pods after lunch a few people had to work then work. If the day was much warmer it would of been a handful.

Beaver Run supplied workers we would have to take a lunch break correct?

Would we be able to make more runs with the corner workers? Less switch over time etc?

The restacking of the pods was my fault. I got rushed when putting them together in the morning because the printer didn’t want to work among other things. So there were some bad matchups, I had to reorder them during lunch. Some of the people who left did so because of mechanical issues so that was understandable. But others left simply because things ran to long. Using beaveruns workers would shorten things by a ton. Could probably shave more time with pre-registration only, but nobody has really voiced their opinion on that. Only thing with the BR workers is I think we have to give up a half hour or more so they can eat lunch. I dunno how that would cut into our time, but I still think we could come out on top.

The very first TT we did, we did 9 comp runs in the afternoon rather that six since we had a low turnout. It was fun, but holy shit were we tired lol. That said if we were really ahead of schedule or had a low turnout I would probably try to work 6 pratice/9 comp runs in there.

It would be nice to be able to get more runs in. Pre-registering is a great idea and I would be happy with doing that. If you were able to have the forms online for us to fill out ahead of time it would help. Especially peeps like me that are not current SCCA members. :wink:

Even without corner workers things should go better, everytime everyone runs things will just end up getting more efficient. ie. people missing pit out, red flags that could of been avoided, etc.

Hey Chris,

Thanks for hosting the event and all the people who helped you! TT is so much
fun and even though I’m slow, I can’t wait to do it in Aug.

I would without a doubt spend the extra 25 bucks to not have to work the
track. Not only do I feel somewhat uncomfortable doing it, a few the times
I was out there it felt like FOR-EV-ER…lol

I am down with preregister also, I mean if you could set it up like last years
where you could even pay before hand, would be even faster! Us evo guys
had like 6 sign up as soon as it was posted that we could register…lol

Thanks again for all the hard work! It’s a great event and I really look forward
to it!

Mike Savannah

Yeah I would pay an extra $25. Would also like if we could get a chance to do the BIG track.

Sucks my car broke nothing major stupid CV joint or drive axle. Such is life with more power and probably my driving.

sucks I only got 1 lap before I broke…Think my times would have been decent.

Oh well I may do the next event got to see when time comes closer…

Matt Paroli

Matt I heard about your CV that sucks. Sorry I didn’t really get a chance to say Hi either, as I mentioned I was running around way too much.

Thanks for the responses guys. Looks like things are learning towards workers right now. Though we still have to work out alot of details with beaverun, just found out today their worker cost was more than they told us originally. I don’t think it will effect the bottom line too much. I’ll post here as things develop. Once we get the price details down we’ll probably open up registration on ‘myautoevents.com’ this time NOT the online system we used last time. So yea I’ll let you guys know :slight_smile:

***PRE-REGISTRATION FOR AUGUST 10TH IS NOW OPEN!***

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=9389

As planned, the base price is now $100 and there is no need for you to stand around with a flag in your hand for half your day. There will be no walk up registration, just the online registration. Hopefully things go a little faster and we can have the pods done before you guys even arrive. I think we even have to give the workers a lunch break which means we get one too. Should work out good I hope, see everyone there!

^^^
Bump for registration!

The numbers are looking really low and we are less than 2 weeks out. The road race being held the same weekend is also returning really low numbers. We have a board meeting a few days before the TT, so I’d at least like to have some extra numbers for the time trial to show off.

I will be there this Sunday to take pictures like last year! Can’t wait!

Also a recent change in the grand scheme of things. Due to low entries we are going to allow people to register the day of the event for $110 bucks (add in whatever the fee is if your not a SCCA member). Its still better to do online just for the sheer fact it lets us set the pods up easier and keeps things moving alot faster in the morning. But everything is still a go, and if the entry numbers are low then we are going to try to squeeze some more runs out of it :slight_smile:

A reminder to wear long sleeves & pants at the event. Also there is a pre-register/pre-tech on Saturday night from 5-7. Don’t worry if you can’t make it all that stuff can still be done Sunday morning.

Thanks to anyone who made it out! The event went off well in most respects, maybe next year we’ll have a shot at the North Course. But for now I think the Wilson Circuit events are hear to stay. Video from the 4th session in my own civic this time. Using old some old victoracers. My driving was choppy in some points and I spent most of the day toying with my lines since most of us were pulling in times that were a few tenths off our best. Enjoy!

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM4EkIYcOcc”]YouTube - Wilson Circuit Time Trial 8/10/08 - STS Civic[/ame]

Here are a few pics to start off with. There are a total of 584 pictures. I got a lot of everyone. I can make high res pics out of all of them as well. Feel free to PM me or email me, hlh172@gmail.com.

If anyone wants pics, like I said, shoot me an email or PM with the resolution(s) you want and I’ll get them sent as soon as I can. If you were in the 2nd group, the picture count may not be as high, My ride was leaving, and it was a long walk back to butler lol. I plan on putting up 2-3 pictures of everyone. If you don’t want your pics emailed, and just want to see a few of you on the track, post your number, and i’ll put a few up.

Awesome pics Howard as always!