2008 rallycross schedule

After a successful first season, Rallycross will return to the Smithon Hole. Dates are the following.

9 races planned for the 2008 season at Smithton.

dates are the following

February 10th, Sunday 1pm

March 2nd, Sunday 1pm

April 13th, Sunday 1pm

May 11th, Sunday 1pm

June 22nd, Sunday 1pm

July 26th, Saturday 8pm

August 16th, Saturday 8pm

September 28th, Sunday 1pm

October 18th, Saturday 8pm

races after October are to be determined.

A “loaner” car may be acquired to get more people into racing. basically, a car that anyone can come pay entry fee and drive.

first race is less than 2 weeks away. so come out and play in the snow.

if theres a loaner car you will bet your ass ill be there lol

That is what we figured. It sucks to watch, more fun to drive.

Yeah that would deff bring in alot of people

I would check that out with a loaner car.

trying to find a car for around a $1000. cheaper the better. willing to take something rusty but in good working shape. so keep your eyes open. 4cyl fwd prefered. basically a decent running car that would be left at the track and be a community car to race.

you can run trucks there cant you?

if you have rollbar and safety gear–yes.

What about the cars? What all is needed for it to be able to run in these?

I know greenEGcoupe and I were talking about this a little last year, but he’s gonna be out of town soon but I’ve still been thinking about doin this.

Hell maybe I’ll just run a loaner car for a few and see how it is.

rollbar? bleh in that case i should just bring the dragster ha

to run a car-- you need a snell/dot approved helmet-- i have a loaner i lend out. a working seatbelt, properly mounted seats. a cheap $10 fire extinguisher too, be surprised at how many time people work out the power steering and it drips on a hot exhaust. you can share extinguishers b/c only 1 car runs at a time.

car does not need to be inspected. can be rusty/open exhaust field rat. just as long everything is bolted down, no loose stuff flying around the car to hit the driver.

everything from 3 cyl justy to v8 camaro supercharged mustangs, turbo supras, civics, s2000, awd subaru and audi/dsm mitsui’s have run. basically–anyhting on 4 wheels is fair game.

cars are broke down into drivetrain and n/a or power adder.

tires are key. i run on $23 winter recaps. my car is bone stock except a cat back mineke crush bend exhaust.

I’m in for this, just need to get some truck tires!

I need to find a beater. Shoulda kept the pink Beretta!

Carl still has his Subaru so we’re going to try to come out for the first one. I like the Sunday afternoon times - better chance of me making it.

I am putting together the dsm mid summer should be ready for this

for tires, hit up local tire places–i.e. not tire chains liek pep-boys or ntb. i paid $23 a tire for 175/65/14’s aggressive recaps at marsh’s. you dont want wide tires, you want narrow and tall tires for rally.

From what i can tell, Tires Dosent really matter that much. (As long as they stay on the rims). one of the fastest times there was a turbo dodge shadow with blown struts and bald tires. haha

You know I might be home in June not sure if it will be the 22nd but if I am I would like to come out and give it a try.

I am going to try my hardest to make aprils date!

I should have a rally beater to go!