rallyx this saturday at smithton

rally x again this saturday. be nice to get some new spectators and racers out to the events. i know the demo derby and mud boggs pack the house. i think this is more fun to watch. deffinitely a blast to do. so think it has potential to do the same.

gate open at 5, racing will start promptly at 7. racers, please get there on time.

entry fee is 20 to race, 10 to watch kiddies get in for free, as do military id. college id is discount, liek $3 admission.

concession stand has good food too.

I was telling my f-in-law about this when we were at Motordrome on Fri. I had the urge to buy a beater…

let me find a good fwd beater and i would be down for this… me and the greenEGcoupe were talking about it a couple months ago…

bgblockelcamino and I we’re thinking “Dodge K Car”. If the one I had didn’t die at my hands (well, other than the three auto transmissions I killed…but otherwise it was fine) it’s gotta be worthy of rallycross.

your hatch is more worthy then a k-Car!!

its an autocross in the dirt and when you screw up it doesent really matter!

Very tempting to try in my 92 DSM. The only things holding me back are the manual steering which might be a pain at low speeds and the 5zigen 18s I’m rocking. The steering I could deal with, but I don’t want to jack up my rims. I need a cheap set of 16s.

I dont have power steering its not bad

where at in smithton?

Go to I 70 in your favorite direction to take you near the yough river, follow signs for “Smithton Hole”. White signs with red letters IIRC.

:stupid:

yup its really easy to get to…it will on the right and drops down in

so who all is coming?

How long does the racing go on till?
How many runs do you get?
How many minutes of seat time?
How many people usually show up?
Are you screwed if you get there at 9AM?
What is the track surface like? Lots of ruts etc.?

I’m confused…gates open at 5am or 5pm? Racing at 7am or 7pm?

10:45-11:30
runs depend on turnout at least 6 possibly 8
the track last around 1 min
anywhere from 15-25? cars
If you get there at 9am you will be ok there will be about 10 hours of prep time.
the track is a mix between hard packed dirt and some loose dirt. there is no where on the track there is big ruts or places to rip your bumper off

JOE pretty much covered it all. car turnout has been on average 25 cars. thing is, every race is new faces. if everyone would show up that has in the past, would be like 40-45 cars. i know of a few new cars coming this week.

runs depend on car turnout and how quick we flow. track is changed every race. so run can be from 1 minute to 2 1/2 minutes long-- pending on how the track is setup.

seeing you have a wrx, in the turbo awd class you will have other wrx, a evolution, and a slue of 95 style imprezas w/ ej swaps. maybe an eclipse or two if they show. mostly subaru though.

racing starts at 7pm. try to get there around 6 so you can visualize the course and get aquainted w/ the track. it helps.

track is mostly hard packed diret that kicks up some dust.

I am out this week… I am Airport taxi for the rents…

i would like to spectate again

I’m in.

any rear wheel cars showing up?

your 3rd gen ?