rally cross sunday

rally cross race sunday at smithton. starts at 1. anyone coming?

sounds liek cheeks, burnyd, and one of their co-workers are showing. Anyone else?

i’ll give out rides if you show, but would like to see more people race. Cheeks and Jeff (transam) can atest for how much fun it is. only $20.

ill have my car complete that day… but ill be about 300 miles away

is beaverun doing anything with rallyx this year or no?

i used to go run up there like 3 years ago and then i heard over the winter they had like 3 different configurations going.

Definitely fun. I was ready to go buy a beater, a trailer and a trailer hitch the next day!

Good luck Sailor. :mrT:

beaver run is not holding them anymore. from what i heard, they are focusing on the off road truck stuff. i ran the event they held over winter. they had like 3 course3s setup, but used the one for time runs. about a 20 car turnout.

as for smithton, we have acquired a fwd all motor eclipse for a rental car. so people who do not have a car can come down and run.

normally, costs 20 to race your own car in class. for the “rental car”, i think it will be 30 because the money goes back into the upkeep of the car. i expect atleast 5-10 people per race abusing it. so the rental car may have it’s own class.

Now I have no excuse for not coming. Maybe I can get a work outing for one of them - probably 3 or 4 people that would be willing to give it a try.

truck blew a tire on the way out =( woulda loved to come out and checked it out