2009 Smithton rally cross schedule

here is the 2009 Smithton Rally Cross schedule.

Saturday races start promptly at 6 PM, gates open at 4 pm
Sunday Races start at 2 pm, gates open at 12 noon.

All racers are encouraged to come early to help setup and pick rocks etc. the smoother things go, the more runs we get. 11 races scheduled.

March, 28th (sat.)
April, 11th (sat.)
May, 23rd (sat.)
June, 20th (sat.)
July, 25th (sat.)
Aug, 15th (sat.)
Sept, 6th (sun.)
Oct, 3rd (sat.)
Oct, 24th (sat.)
Nov, 7th (sat.)
Nov, 21st (sat.)

as before, the classes are

fwd
fwd turbo
4wd
4wd turbo
rwd
rwd turbo

3 cars make a class, if not enough to make a class, then you get combined w/ next like class (rwd and fwd, or awd w/ awdt, etc)

ha maybe ill come and just help this year =P

sweet…will be down this year sailor ! !

Kurt from K-tek Welding has a Thunderbird he wants to rally !

great, tell him to come on down. more the merrier.

we are always looking for cheap beaters for the rental car. something cheap or free. can be rusty or wrecked, as long as it is mechanically safe.

Hoping to pull the funds to get this DSM back on the road, and make it to as many as possible… Hopefully takes some trips to Summit Point too… excited to get going!

Sailor,
How much does it cost in total to come and rent one of the cars at the rally and race it? I’m interested but I don’t have a beater to use.

not sure what we will be doing for the rental this year yet. im thinking it might be prorated. meaning pay the same entry as someone w/ their own car, plus maybe 10 bucks for the 1st time. then each time you rent it, goes up 10 bucks. so 1st race–entry plus 10, second race is entry plus 20, thrid race is entry plus 30 etc etc. there is 11 races this year. Granted, if no one shows up for the rental, i dont care who runs it then however–it will be entry plus 10. yet it has been atleast 4 people per car. that turns into 40+ runs a night.

ideal w/ the rental car is to get people into racing which it has done. numerous people have bought cars to rally cross after running the rental. so it is doing it’s job in that regard.

Yet i cant afford to keep prepping cars for people who want to come all the time with no intentions of buying their own car and just make more work for me. If it is a matter of buying a car and getting it back and forth to the races-- get ahold of me. I’ll work somehting out that is cost effective for all parties.

yeah my bad on blowing the last one up =x in the process of getting a beater 2.5rs right now for this

think i am going to go with v6 camaro

any limits as to the car itself? I can bring anything?

as long as it is a car, you are good to go. can be a fwd v8 caddy for all we care. im looking forward to the rwd class. sounds like camaros, t-birds, caprices towncars and mustangs!!

Need a co-driver Sails? I can reciprocate with co-drives in the Integra this year. :stick:

Blew up? I was told it caught fire.

it caught fire then when we put it out and started it it was making one hell of a rapp sound i might not have blown it up per say but i fucked it up

Next time burn the shitty (the eclipse) rental at least. Not the new one.

meh its not my fault it let go i just happened to been driving it at the time

Never heard of this before. I got a 83 Celica that I want to see what I can do with, as long as I don’t flip it haha. Any details on location and such?

try www.smithtonhole.com

I May Bring The Duster Just For Laughs, Def. Sounds Like A Good Time

You can also check http://www.trisrc.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9

There will be more info up in the next few days.