2009 Smithton rally cross schedule

anyone lookin for a car let me know Ive been scouring local ads and there are tons of cars 500 and under. Be more than happy to help find one

there are definitely a ton of cars out there now that could be used for this. i personally have a spare 94 civic ex that i would sell to someone if they would use it to race. i know i could sell it on the classifieds or craigslist w/o issue. yet i rather keep it as a spare or sell it to someone who would race it.

my 93 ex i drive 130 miles a day back and forth to work, plus race it on the weekends. it is bone stock w/ 230k miles. all i do is change oil and stay up on maintenance.

you dont need horsepower to race. just need to be able to drive. heck, we have had 3 cylinder justys race and do well!

It looks like we will soon have a Impreza rental car, so a AWD and FWD rental will be available.

cool, I might have to use the rental one more time. I started a bathroom remodel and haven’t touched the car since. I’m probably not going to make the first half of the season, but will be regular once I get it going…

Was that the Impreza on craigslist for $750 located in Smithton?

Foz, get that car running…

Hmmmm…does it cost anything to run? This is something I would love to do, and once a month, I might be able to swing it.

No, it wasn’t the one in Smithton. It was an old car of mine that went to a friend.

It’s also maroon to keep up with the maroon/ red rental theme.

Gibson - of course it costs money! Everything fun cost money! It’s $30 to run your car and extra to run one of the rental (we don’t know how much yet).

i will be there… in my 2000 RS.

sailor. i met you at summit point over the weekend.

give her hell man

the website says you need a fire extinguisher whats the cheapest way to satisify that rule? the azensis on my car don’t have traction on damp pavement what tires in 205/55/15 would good for this?

Snow tires?

you sure thats not 205/55/16? cause thats the stock 2.5RS tire size.

any tire that has a decent amount of tread should be ok…not great… but ok.

a good set of studless snow tires should do… rally tires are best. but snow tires would be sufficent if you can track down rally tires. theres a hell of a deal going on at www.tamparally.com for a set of hankook R204s for 380 a set.

yea and whats the clarification on that fire extinguisher? my car is pure stock and doesnt pose a fire hazard… the corrola at summit point is a fine example of needing one…

sorry I mean’t 205/50/15 this would be for a sentra

whats with the sizing on those 190/650R-15???

http://tamparally.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,21/category_id,1/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,30/]

If you just want to start getting into RallyX, I would advise not getting rally specific tires right away. I would go with snow tires. A lot of people run Winterforces. I run iPikes (because I got them cheap). Plus using a rally tire takes you out of the stock scca class. Come out to a Smithton event and see how you like it. Just run whatever you have, if worst comes to worst, run one of the rentals. I look forward to seeing new people at Smithton.

Where is the location of the track?

I wouldn’t be close to being in a stock class in a turbo sentra. I’m not worried about winning, but I know the azenis won’t work for shit I’ll probably do the rental

The event is at the Smithton Hole in Smithton. smithtonhole.com

$10 at walmart for a compact one that will fit in the glovebox will do. not all cars need them. but some do. Powersteering leaks on hot exhaust, or valve cover leak. never know. crazy shit happens.

as for tires, i paid $20 a tire for winter recaps during summer, and 25 per tire in winter. now i got actual rally tires–which are alot more money. the tires are worth it, but i would advise against it unless you are for sure you are going to keep doing this.

smithton is not really a stock/modified class. our rules differ from scca. basically you will be in fwd turbo class. be honest, not many fwd turbo cars come race anymore, unless joe and ryan are coming again, you will be only one. that means you would get paired in w/ all the other fwd guys.

come down for one race and see whats up, and go spend crazy from there :slight_smile:

Actually if you guys are interested in rally tires you should check with these guys - http://www.rally-tire.com/ The 2’s are $130 or so a tire and 3’s are $150. These are basically Bridgestone tires. I’m going to start running them as they are a lot more affordable than BFGoodrich (Michelins are now BFG’s and cost $240 a tire) and a lot faster than Hankooks.

I should also have 2 sets of used 15" Michelins for sale soon.

First race is this saturday. No rental for this one, but everyone is welcome to come hang and watch if your not running.

ill come down to take vids and pictures for everyone