2024 Snowpocalypse Thread

You’re the reason we have driving bans. :joy:

I just got back from South Buffalo. It’s a mess down there. I was also stuck behind a tractor trailer for 30min because it couldn’t budge.

As of the evening news on 1/17 they were up to like 60" between the two storms and then it snowed all night and most of today.

wish i had an s13 on coilovers with winter tires on it… i’d touge the F outta South Buff aaalllll week

1 Like

Snow day again tomorrow, yay.

Williamsville just canceled again too. I’m guessing bus issues since the buses are in Cheektowaga, but my kid did just drive to the Galleria today and had no issues so I think this is getting ridiculous.

Most schools that aren’t in the worst hit areas close because they can’t get enough substitutes to cover the number of teachers who are snowed in. The reality is they don’t have enough subs even on a typical day. And Williamsville has plenty of teachers that live in the Southtowns.

2 Likes

Right, but who’s still legitimately snowed in by tomorrow morning? And I’m not talking, “I was too lazy to shovel out my car”, I mean you cleared your driveway but no one has plowed your street. All the warnings end tonight at 7pm. Crews will have all night to finish clearing streets. There are no travel bans or closed highways.

They’re Emotionally snowed in.

4 Likes

is there some kind of vaccine we can all take to immunize us from the lake effect snow?

3 Likes

Not much ice out there

And none at the end that would help alleviate our lake effect snow. Tough to get ice with this little science nugget…

1006 AM EST Thu Jan 18 2024 The water temperature off Buffalo is 37 degrees.

Imagine what some proper lake effect snow would do in the GTA for the MAID program.

1 Like

No one was surprised it was a WRX.

1 Like

1 Like