Got your winter tires mounted yet? (lake effect warning tonight)

Looks like Buffalo and the northtowns are in for some pretty good lake effect snow tonight and tomorrow morning. 6-12" with heavier localized amounts. I already called the wife and told her we were probably carpooling tomorrow so I could leave the GTO in the garage. I was too cheap to buy snows this year. :slight_smile:

LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 9 AM EST TUESDAY
UNTIL 5:00PM EST
Urgent - Winter Weather Message National Weather Service Buffalo New York -> http://www.stormdisplay.com/warnings.asp?cmd=update&state_abr=NY 1125 AM EST Mon Dec 4 2006

Northern Erie- Including The City Of… Buffalo

… Lake Effect Snow Warning In Effect From 6 PM This Evening To 9 AM EST Tuesday…

A Band Of Heavy Lake Effect Snow Will Move Into The Area From The South Between 6 And 9 PM This Evening. The Band Will Continue To Drift North And May Even Lift North Of The City For A Time Before Dropping South Again After Midnight And Breaking Apart By Daybreak Tuesday. This Means That Locations Will Likely See Two Bursts Of Heavy Snow Overnight. Snow Will Fall At The Rate Of One To Two Inches Per Hour Within The Band With Total Accumulations Of 6 To 12 Inches By Morning. The Most Favored Areas For The Heavy Snow Will Be Over The City Of Buffalo And Its Nearby Suburbs.

The Timing Of The Heavy Snow Could Significantly Impact The Early Tuesday Morning Commute… Although Current Indications Are That The Snow Should Be Tapering Off By Then.

In Lake Effect Snow The Weather Can Vary From Locally Heavy Snow In Narrow Bands To Clear Skies Just A Few Miles Away. If You Will Be Traveling Across The Region Be Prepared For Rapid Changes In Road And Visibility Conditions. Stay Tuned To Noaa Weather Radio And Other Radio And Tv Stations For Further Details Or Updates.

we arent gunna get shit

lol

AWD and brand new snows ready and waiting!!

ive been ready for like 2 weeks… bring it on

I Have been ready since early November

Jesus christ. If I get stuck at home im fucked. My final senior studio review is friday, and I NEED to be at school this week for like 18hrs a day. Hrm maybe Ill just sleep in my truck tonight…

It could be heavy, I don’t think it’ll sit downtown long enough to really get it going though. The lake is supppper warm though.S o it could be heavy.

Weird driving down in Southern Erie this morning. With the roads starting warm, the snow was very icy on the roads, even though it was super fluffy light snow.

blizzaks have been on for a few weeks now, bring the snow

got the winter tires on the g/f’s car and got the heat situation fixed

xterra is just itching for some snowy fun ever since oct. storm

bring it on bitch

bring on that foot of snow!!!

pshhh 12" is not much. 18-24" is enough to put a hurting for a few hours till the plows get threw.

well, call us up if you need snow tires and mounting and balancing. If anyone needs late hours I will do late hours tomorrow and the rest of the week so that everyone who can’t make it during the day can be nice and safe.

tup to hybrid dudes.

As for me and my rwd f150, i’ll be tackling it with all season firestones that are M&S rated, and have 50 percent tread.

Just installed the winter wiper blades, and just put 300# of sandbags over the rear axle. I might need a little more weight, will have to play it by ear.

BTW, if anyone has a RWD car for winter and needs sandbags, home depot is selling the 60 pound bags for 2.99 each.

hello snow man,

please dump 2 feet on the south-towns so locutus can snowboard this weekend

Regards,

Locutus of Borg

Running a 70 series tire gives my car a 1" lift.

Handles like shit though…

Resistance is Futile :stuck_out_tongue:

I second that

we’ll see if it happens…it’s a watch…once it’s a warning i’ll be ready… everyone’s getting all scared because of the october storm… the only reason i dont want snow is because i cant find my snow brush and i’m too lazy to go buy another one.

still no heat…

still no snow tires…

still no beater…

still fucked. :frowning:

Upgraded to a warning (added edit to original post)