so id just like to say its great to be a weather forecaster

i got 9 inches already in West Seneca. we were only supposed to get 1 inch, and its like a complete whiteout still :tup: way to go meterologists in Buffalo. :hang:

LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT
UNTIL 8 PM EST THIS EVENING
Urgent - Winter Weather Message National Weather Service Buffalo NY 1254 PM EST Tue Feb 6 2007

Northern Erie- Including The City Of… Buffalo

… Lake Effect Snow Warning Remains In Effect Until 8 PM EST This Evening…

A Lake Effect Snow Warning Remains In Effect Until 8 PM EST This Evening.

Lake Effect Snow Will Continue Into The Evening Hours From Buffalo South. 6 To 9 Inches Could Accumulate Across Lackawanna… West Seneca And Elma Before The Band Weakens This Evening. Another Inch Or Two Could Fall Before The Band Settles South Overnight. Brisk Winds Will Cause Blowing And Drifting Snow With Lower Visibility.

In Lake Effect Snow The Weather Can Vary From Locally Heavy Snow In Narrow Bands To Clear Skies Or Flurries Just A Few Miles Away. If You Will Be Traveling Across The Region Be Prepared For Rapid Changes In Road And Visibility Conditions.

That’s the warning that was issued earlier today for your area. It was first posted around 11:30am, because when I went home for lunch at noon I debated putting my car in the garage. I was worried it might start snowing before I went back to work since I read the warning before I left the office.

^^ when i woke up around 7:30am it was a complete whiteout already. glad im sick and stayed home all day.

i am really NOT looking forward to coming to buffalo this weekend

hows the 90 right now, from the 400 to around william? thats where i ran into trouble this morning…

was moving good, took the same time it always took me to get home from work

anyone been on the 400, I wonder how that is.

it’s easy to be a weather forecaster in rochester, all the news told me was “today will be in the teens” yeah, anywhere from 13-19 is a pretty good estimate…

i hope the snow keeps up in buffalo :slight_smile: more classes cancelled tomorrow for meeeee.

but i hope it clears by thursday. i have a date with outback steakhouse.

wasnt bad around noon, little bit covered between 90 and transit

The sun’s shining in Tonawanda. :slight_smile: Which means it’s going to get effing cold when the sun goes down. :frowning:

It’s a freakin mess in Lancaster

terrible.

This weather fucking sucks , yea i heard 2-3 inches by the most and we got at least 8 or 9 here in west seneca.Buffalo sucks.

driving somewhere? look on here to see what its like:
http://www.trafficland.com/betacities/findacamera.php?city=BUF

sweet, now i have something to waste the rest of the day on

Predicting the weather isn’t an exact science. Weather patterns shift all the time and our technology isn’t advanced enough to allow more accurate predictions.

Anyway, all you need to know living in Buffalo during the winter: It fucking snows and it’s cold. Stop bitching.

So do I take the 90 home or transit which is going to suck less

btw, I am going to west seneca from williamsville

BTW, Buffalo is one of the hardest places in the world to predict weather; one of the only things I remember for geography class

I knew about that site for a while, however I tend to stay away from it because I have to drive on shit like this, and I don’t want to remind myself, it’s just inevitable…

:frowning:

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1635&stc=1