March 2017 Snowmageddon

As of 2:03 PM 3/13/17 the latest NOAA Winter Storm Warning says 8-15 of snow for Northern Erie between 8pm tonight and 8pm Wednesday. Pretty much all of NY is under a snow warning with the eastern most bit under a more serious blizzard warning. A couple of our NE credit unions have already called to have us put a message up on their site saying they’ll be closed, and several more have asked for messages saying they might be closed.

Personally I don’t think it will be that bad here just because the snow is spread out over a long period of time. The road will get snowy but getting 8-15" over 48 hours is nothing like getting 8-15" over 3 hours with a lake effect band.

https://imghost.io/images/2017/03/13/snow.png

I guess I’ll move my snowblower closer to the door in the garage just in case I actually snowblow this year.

Go figure, right after a huge wind storm damages a bunch of roofs… we get a TON of cold weather and massive snow, to make it worse.

I fixed my roof, have to pull my snowblower back out of my shed, whatever…

Just had my roof fixed today, literally the guy finished before the snow just started to fall. I would have gladly taken this snow last month but now, not so much. The winds are what are going to make or break the severity of this storm I think.

Yeah, temps in the teens/low 20’s means light fluffy snow that will get blown around into bigly drifts if we actually get a foot.

I hope we get hammered. I just got a cavity filled.

I could go for a snow day.

Why do I feel a big let down coming…

x…

Well the weather channel app just updated the warning with total snowfall amounts now calling for 10-20" as opposed to 8"-15" they were calling for earlier.

I don’t know why but this is fucking hilarious

Can’t wait. Bald rear tires on the truck. Not throwing the stock wheels back on. I did take advantage of that great tire deal today. Just not soon enough I guess.

So it’s 9pm and we have MAYBE an inch of snow on the ground. 41 closings on WGRZ, including UB, Buffalo State and several schools. When did we become North Carolina?

http://www.nyspeed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37065&stc=1

If people start hitting poles again I might be working for the next millennium. The wind kept me busy around the clock for weeks this month alone.

This is likely the reason for all the closings…I’m just waiting for my school to follow suit.

• Updated - - -

:tup: my wife just got the call @Motocrossx23

Stay off the fuckin roads.

• Updated - - -

Completely pussified. I remember standing in waist deep snow for the bus…and it was on time.

absolutely not! 2/32 of tread is plenty. Throw it in 4x4 and push the peddle down. Ok ok might go toss on the brand new stock wheels.

Oh I’m already two scotches in and eating an apple pie I made for Pi Day tomorrow that clearly was meant to be postponed, lol.

haven’t started my snow blower since 2015 due to lack of snow in northtown, hope it starts right up tomor.