2JZ VS RB26

Hey SONers just want to know what you guys think about these two little beauties. Do you prefer a supra powered or a skyline powered 240 and just a little reason why. Thanks guys :stuck_out_tongue:

I am pretty confident when I say this.

All of Southern Ontario Nissan240sx’s members would choose a 2JZ powered Skyline over an RB26DETT.

ANY DAY!

RB26 ftw, but 2j’s when done right are lethal none the less

It’s a little known fact that Toyota invented horsepower in the early 90’s, only they called it the 2JZ-GTE. Over time, the term somehow got bastardized into HP.

Get the 2JZ, everyone at Bing’s meet will love your car and you will gain a lot of respect. Who cares about what you prefer.

Both are incredible engines would love either, but rb26 for that fact its not a franken240 then lol

if you want a drag queen, get a 2jz. well, i guess either one could do that really

both are gay without a purpose built car… 2jz and rb series motors have no real need to be in a 240 unless you plan to go nuts and build the shit out of them, because a semi built sr and a stock 2j will make the same power, but cost you much more to go with 2j or rb… so really… if your goal is

250 hp - sr
300 hp - sr
350 hp - sr
400 hp - sr or 2j or rb
450 hp - 2j or rb
500 hp - 2j or rb

more than that no one is going to tell you to run an sr lol

the costs of what i just wrote would probably cost you under 8 k to get to 400 hp including swap parts, install etc but if you wanted to go 2jz or rb and put a stock motor in your car… it would cost around 7 to 8 from the research ive done… stock = 300 hp so ???

what is the cars purpose ?

BTW : what i stated in the chart for my choice for those power options is just based on cost effective swaps, and reliability - thats why for the 400hp one has all 3 sr 2j and rb because they are about the same costs to get either engine to make that power -

imo i have driven and been it both and 2jz for the win

Ca18det

lol, the original rb!!!

Edited.

Rb26 all the way, nothing beats the response and powerband, best all-round motor in my opinion…especially track :wink:

sad to say tho, the 2JZ is the best motor Toyota has ever made, and probably will never beat that, they lost their motorsport spirit and heritage, Nissan makes the best engines, always have and always will when it comes to power and motorsports and they continually go all out! the new GTR is a testament to that, along with the still living Z family!

I prefer a 240 powered 240.

Or a flux capacitor.

2jz all the way. theres no replacement for displacement.

go with the flux capacitor. nothing beats that.

but seriously… id say rb, just cuz nissan engine belongs in a nissan, not a toyota engine.

ALSO! make this a poll!!

Except pink pussy, because everyone loves pink pussy :wink:

2J>SR&RB…

But why have a 2J when you can have a V8?

http://horsepowerworld.com.au/shop/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/6b0029701b170e74f17d3badebc448a3.jpg

If your talkin about sound RB all day… other than that I would have trouble deciding both great motors but not something I would put in a s13.