need new engine, 2JZGET or RB25det??

yo whats up guys,
i got a head gasket problem and the turbo on my sr20det is blown. iam planning on getting a new engine, can someone tell me if i can put a toyota supra twin turbo motor in my 240? i mean i know it can be done, but what will need to be changed?? or should i just get the rb25det maybe even rb26dett. thanks, appreciate the advice.

rb25det less work and less money to do the swap overall and still great power!

Use the extra cash and pop a single turbo on + an upgraded head gasket and head studs and ur good to go 500hp all day!

2jzswap.com

two totally different engines for two very different power types. 2JZ is a peak power design, RB25 is a broad power design… figure out what you want to do and spend a few hr’s learning about the engine designs rather then just picking then out of the F&F hand book…

For reliability purposes I would go with the 2J. Can’t go wrong with Toyota shit, and parts (oem) would me more accessible.

Also, you would not need any stereo.
http://www.shanghaiist.com/attachments/shang_neil/082806jayz.jpg

Errr… rather than peak power vs. broad power, it’s more of an issue of BIG power, vs. small power. RB25 isn’t a bad motor, but 1JZ owns it all day long, 2JZ isn’t even in the same league, it’s not even the same sport anymore.

who does a 2jz now a days lol!

Who has gold 240s nowadays?

:smiley:

wow, a heart of a Toyota in a 240…

Toyota & Nissan are the big boys,
reliability and parts are good for both,
but Toyota seems to excel @ that…

I’d go for either the 1JZ or the 2JZ, they
don’t seem to be that expensive either.

You’ll basically be pretty unique if you drop
one of those proven motors in, besides it’d
be pretty cool to say there’s a Supra engine
in it. :smiley:

I’d rather say there’s a rapper under my hood :wink:

F22 for vtec powerr

just joking but 1JZGTE is not a bad option as well… 2.5L twin turbo and it is much more capable than a RB25DET yet much cheaper than a 2JZGTE

I was about to say, do a B18 non vtec, but turbocharge it. That would be pretty deadly in a 240.

2JZ’s are better then one :wink:

Haha, agreed!
1JZ vs. 2JZ doesn’t have as big of a price difference as you think, it’s just the nuisance of sourcing engine & tranny separately. The big expense is the V160 6spd Getrag manual. It’s rare, it’s bulletproof, it’s awesome in tranny form. But it costs like 3 grand by itself, or MORE. What you want, is a 2JZ with an R154. 5spd, not as ballsy, but can still take 5-600whp no prob, maybe even more. The problem is, it was never mated to the 2JZ from the factory. It bolts up just fine, but you have to buy them separately. And finding them by themselves is a pain… If you buy an auto 2JZ set, and a 1JZ set w/ R154, you’re stuck with a 1JZ that you can’t get a whole lot of $ for, and an auto tranny that… I dunno if anyone would actually want.

yea ur right, was looking at the 2jz and it only comes with auto tranny, and true the 6 speed cost about 3 4 k, so what i need is the R154 tranny? thanks for the advice guys.

ooh and talking about 1JZ… the 2nd gen is bit different… it’s single turbo with variable valve timing… but i guess it’ll cost you more
i think 1jzgte would be good for you. and i think there was a guy on zilvia doing a swap on his s13 i believe… let me see if i can dig that up

edit* just found it

R154 came from the Mk III Supra’s or Soarer’s. The Tech 2 Motorsport kit is made easier with the tranny from the Soarer.

The 2JZ swap is supposed to be a lot easier than the RB26, but I don’t know about the RB25.

u already have an sr why don’t u just build it and buy a turbo :slight_smile:

Because SRs aren’t cool anymore.

rb26>2jz…but I’m more of a nissan fan. Nissan car…nissan motor…or i would have used an ls v8 in mine…lol.