need new engine, 2JZGET or RB25det??

its my brother, his dream is to own a toyota supra and mine is to get an rb26, i bought the car for him and iam gonna fix it up for him too. since i plan on getting an r33 gtr when its avail. in canada, i’d rather do the 2jz swap, then we can race each other…lol

Based on what? Exactly what advantage does the RB26 have over the 2JZ? I can name a whole bunch for the 2JZ, but not a single one for the RB26.

Really who drives around in a gold 240, just not cool TSK TSK!!

Gold is sooooooooo 1980s wow!

LOL

for the swap!!

2JZ - 1JZ Bellhousing - 1JZ Flywheel - R154 Clutch - R154 Tranny - R154 shifter extension or get the JDM tranny - Engine mounts/tranny mounts - Koyo Rad [ka or sr whatever u want i would go with KA] - custom downpipe / ic pipes + fmic - lots of other stuff lol read my build up the last 2 pages should have what would be needed for a build up! [Project S14 240sx]

soo true!!! lol i have a blacktop sr, i dont like it at all, i would rather go back to my ka, and boost that instead, as everyone knew i originally had planed a rb project and i should on went with it, but push came to shove i had to do the sr, the rb swap was not capable of being done in 1 weekend, lol my sr swap i did it in a day!! at home to!! dude go rb or 2jz its worth it,

Yea worth it im a toyota guy and as u can see 2jz is far more cheaper then a rb25 and rb26… plus makes nice power… Iheard the Rb seriers have oil starvation problems, tell me if im wrong, 2jz doesnt all u need to do wit the 2jz after u get it running is tune it and ur set. as u can see 2jz in a cressida tht my goal in thefuture…http://www.jzxproject.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=1467

Just my bias opinion…but i do believe that the rb motors come into there power band sooner than the 2j’s do…as far as the oil starvation problem, they make a high flow pump to fix that…either way you go…it’s a win win…lol.

I bought my rb25 swap complete and shipped to my house for $2500…I thought 2j’s were more expensive?

i can get a front clip aristo 2jz gte for 2300 shipped tour house . like i said front clip not the motor alone frontclip my friend

what are the differences between the 1jz and 2jz?

hp/tq #s?

is it safe to detune a motor for street issues. like lowering the boost to make less power for winter?

where does one find a rb25 swap for 2500…i was gonna pay close to that for my sr but rb’s are way better

chevy small block aweeeee yeahhhh