350z vs s2000

would like to ask you all

which one would be more reliable, in case of beating on it everyday.

if you voted already please explain why you choose so. (ex. whats soo good about the car you voted for over the other car i stated.)

will be doing or atleast planing to do alots of drifting this year.
only mods ill be doing would be coilovers, 2way lsd, and few suspension goodies. no engine mods.

Your question was on reliability, I’m convinced that the Z is damn near bulletproof, so I voted for the Z.

However, if given the choice between the two, I would throw reliability out the window and get the S2000 every time. The Z is fucking boring in comparison. The S2000 gives you this amazing feeling of “I’m allowed to drive this on the street?” Inside, it feels like a race car, it’s just such an amazing feeling.

350z… my cusin just baught one and i like the look better.
plus its nissan lol:D

If you’re going for pure reliability I can’t chime in.

If you’re planning on doing a lot of drifting, 350z.

The only real information I can provide is from reading a 50+ page thread on 6speedonline as well as teamspeed (both uber luxurious car forums).

The thread was entitled “What car do you miss the most?” – or something like that. These people are now driving Porsche’s, Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s – or all three. The single most common car that these members seemed to miss (and remember, these guys are driving F40’s and Carrera GT’s, not used Boxster’s and beat up 360’s) was the Honda S2000. The next most commonly missed car seemed to be the E46 M3, but S2000 was by far the most commonly named.

Some of these drivers still own their S2000, and were saying things like “some days I still prefer hopping in my S2000 instead of my 750 HP GT2” and “even though you can’t beat the sound of an F430, I often find myself driving the Honda”.

It would probably be cheaper to maintain a 350z, and there are several people on the board that own them (SG works with them often, and uses one for race). The S2000 is also a convertible, and probably not suitable for drift (or at least ideal).

Since I haven’t drive a 350z or S2000 I’ll leave it at that.

/novel.

350z for sure, and im not saying that for reasons people would think.

I have seen WAY to many S2K’s blow rear diffs…if your going to keep both cars relatively stock (suspension,intake,exhaust) get a Z…they take the beating.

people who blow the s2k diff don’t know how to drive, or are doing 9k rpm launches. of course it is going to break. i’ve seen a lot more s2k’s blown apart than 350’s, but most of the guys blowing them up are tools.

i vote for s2k: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMYeoRDalaI&NR=1

might help a bit

s2000. My mom has one. It’s incredible. The fit and finish, the tight steering. It’s like driving a freakin’ gokart.

I hate how the s2000 is soo small you cant recline or move the seat back at all and I’am only 5’10…

On average mods and maintenance for the S2k are cheaper. The cost of brake rotors, pads, caliper seals, etc on the 350z is higher. However having driven both extensively on the street and track I prefer the Z. I do have lots of friends that drive their st00ks year round though.

S2000 is way better! But is tight for space. 350Z engine sucks ass!

u can’t really succesfully drift a s2k. Like it will happen, but the car is very on edge. 350z is a overall better car.

even if i was grip driving or on street i would still choose a 350z. nicer car.

granted a s2k might be slighly faster, but thats only in the hands of a pro.

I agree, yet they are both pretty slow for what they are bigged up to be.

S2000 is best on the highway in high RPM range. It is a 4 cylinder motor that beats on Nissans 350Z so easy!!

s2k looks better i think.

would like to know little bit more of detail on this…

Because of the cars wheelbase? That’d be my guess.

if so… miata should be impossible to drift? doesnt make sence… it is few inch longer wheelbase and slightly heavier then miata…

therers got to be somthing more to it if s2k is somthing that is imposible to drift…

its funny cause i dont see any s2k in d1gp videos too…

It’s not impossible, more like twitchy and unpredictable when out of it’s element. There has been S2K’s drifted. This is some back in the day shit, like 7 years now? Anyway, a 2K and 300zx drifted some touge in Slovenia, it’s been done. I wish I remeberex the vido name, think it was one of the first bids ever posted on drift central? I think that was the forum. It was the one with Chas and Yong Dong drift back in the day.