4wd/awd vehicle drivers....

so i know it didn’t snow bad yet, but the other day, on the way to work, the roads were a little icey in the morning. i was going the speed limit, and this suv flies past me like i was parked. why is it that everytime it snows, awd/4wd vehicles fly through the snow/ice like they are totally immune to spinning out/losing control?

cause there idiots. awd 4wd doesn’t do shit in the ice. they just feel invincible

A driver that is well prepared and aware of the enviroment around them is the best driver for winter conditions. Two years ago when we had some bad snow, snow tires would get me anywhere. Just because you have 4wd/AWD, shouldn’t make you feel invinceble. Be prepared and you’ll be fine, and only worry about yourself.\

the way i see it is you have to be aware not scared and you’ll do just find in the snow… i can make it alot of placest in the snow. hell!, i went up waterman in jefferson ( one BIG frickin hill!) the first night it snowed and became icey, only got semi stuck for about 2 mins. there were 2 4wd trucks and 1 grand am that couldnt make it up and were sitting on the hill waiting for a salt truck

Because most of the people who buy these big ass SUV’s are moron fucking yuppies who have no clue. I love watching them blow past me on Rt8 when i am driving my Jeep, becasue i know i will see them at the next red light, usually facing in the wrong direction or off the road in a ditch, with a huge brown stain on their pants. The laws of Pysics apply to all of us, including 4WD.

:stupid: well put

because all wheel drive donuts are fun as hell thats why,

AWD + AWS FTW!

AWD don’t do shit when your going sideways.

im no yuppie,just safe!

Well I wouldn’t say it does nothing, it usually makes you slide in a slightly wider arc. Doesn’t do shit for braking, that’s for sure.

I said most, not all. Of course you aren’t a yuppie Pewter, neither am i even though my Jeep is a Grand Cherokee. There are also plenty of morons in 4WD pickups who do the same stupid shit, it just seems that most of the really dim ones are driving Excursions and Expeditions.

But look at the bright side, the trend is leaving from big SUV’s towards the small unibody shit like the escapes. Then we’ll all see some yuppies getting messed up…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have to dissagree. THere is one turn right before my house that, in my alltrac I take hard and loose it on… but right when its about to spin i nail it and it pulls me right out.

WRC champion alltrac ftw!

if your car has good snow tires you can hand with the suvs…with no prblem in the snow…if the car has a good abs system its even better in the snow!

When i first bought my GTP we had an almost record breaking snow fall that very night,we had like 8+ inches in one night and it had Z-rated dunlops on it,i was passing cars(4x4’s and so fourth,but of course i know how to drive,it is all about the driver and NOT the vehicle

For sure. Knowing how to drive does alot. I wonder about alot of people on the road nowdays.:slight_smile:

Ahhhh, i see, the laws of Physics don’t apply to you. :stick: