Alarm Systems, whats good?

Personal experiences were with a Viper 5002. Its a great system. I wasn’t even able to find the control box until I tore my whole dash apart.

I bought it and had it installed by Jeff at AudioHeaven in Richmond Hill. Can’t remember the street number, but it was on West Beavercreek or something like that…

But for something a little more affordable, you can never go wrong with a nail bat:
http://www.freewebs.com/1428crystallake/bat3.jpg

I was wondering if those alarm systems can hook up to your factory power door locks, and have remote starting for winter. If yes, I’ll definitely consider it for the future.

^^ yes they can… but PLEASE go to reputable installer and not future shop

i wouldn’t go as far to say that… but value wise i say they pretty good

they are nice but they have issues, im to lazy to discuss right now… i do have compustar system, so i speak from experience… il chime in later if i remember.

Best security system is custom!

Looks like Viper is most reputable. What the deal with standard tranny + remote starter? I’ve been told not to do this, is it because you then would not be able to leave you car in gear when parked?

Sean at L12 will definitely put you on the right track in terms of picking a decent system and, as already mentioned, more importantly doing the install properly

a backup battery and backup siren is always a good idea.

however even the best alarms won’t always deter the most hardcore thiefs

MBs, bimmers, lexuses, all equipped with factory immobilizers and alarms, are routinely stolen

remember,too, that your car doesnt have to be driven away to be taken from you. a flatbed or standard tow will deal with it quick time. how many people actually react to/notice a car alarm at 3-4am.

thats where a GPS tracker can be a huge help… there are systems out there that use GPRS and GSM services, that will text your phone if your car is moved beyond a preset box, all based on lat/long co-ordinates

it can update you where your car is, how fast it’s moving, and can also kill the ignition or fuel pump (if it’s being driven)

and of course there are services like boomerang that work similarly

but the best 240sx anti-theft device has always SON240SX :wink:

Quoted for the absolute truth. What is SON’s stats now? 2 for 2 in the last month that I know of.

Yeah. Those stolen threads are pretty intense. I’ll look into those backup sirens and what not.

One thing you guys should know is that at the end of the day, if someone wants your car badly enough, they WILL get it.

$2000 worth of alarms might not even matter.

LoJack might be your only hope of finding it.

EDIT:

Also, not sure why no one has thought of it…but Sirens are useless and people usually find it a nuisance. I know that for me personally, if I hear someone’s alarm in a parking lot, I get annoyed and I can’t wait for it to get turned off.

Having a 2-way alarm with no Siren might be much better, the thieves might take their time and you will be notified on your pager and could probably make it to your car in time.

Sirens don’t scare thieves away, they only make them work faster.

My siren will drop you too yours knees and make your ears bleed.

:wink:

electrocute the bastards!! just rig it so the body is charged & they get a nasty shock when they try to touch your car. can’t touch = cant steal easily, at the very least it will deter or hinder them.

I just spoke to Shawn from Level 12, they have compustar, no viper.

I’ve had compustar and would prefer to try something new. So does anyone know who sells and installs Viper?

k this might sound like a nooby question but here it goes.

my aunts civic has this thing where before you can start the car you have to put this black thing with like two metal piece thing to a plug in like thing.

does that do any thing for your car or no?

might be those things insurance put in

if youre planning to really do a crazy alarm system, you should get all the extra sensors you can get.

such as

digital tilt sensor
battery back-up siren
pizeo siren (for the inside)
glass breakage sensor

all that stuff

We can get Viper, But we sell and Suggest the Compustars because they offer a better Value for your money, and The Lifetime Warranty, 1 Year warranty on the remotes. If you have had a Compustar in the past, and It WAS Installed Properly, you shouldn’t have had issues, I have had mine in my car for like 4 Years, no trouble. Autostart is also Very good, we offer those aswell. Look through the website, I am sure at the very least you will find ONE of the Models offer the features and Price Range your looking for.

oh and YES we do sell and install the
backup batteries
digital tilt sensor
Proximity Sensor
battery back-up siren
pizeo siren (for the inside)

and we do Offer Stealth Installs aswell.

Piezo sirens FTW

if you wanna try something new, theres these new zenesis alarms, just google it, thumbs down for the big ass knock sensor on the windshield and thumbs up for the cool remotes

i had a compustar alarm, worked great, excellent range, dropped the lcd remote many times was pretty durable. pretty loud and see if you can get that ignition cut option

Level12 FTMFW!

LEVEL12!!!..Sean is professional, courteous and gets the job done properly!