Reviews on Alarms.

What alarms are you running and how do you like them, Im planning on getting one this week just wondering what you guys suggest i should get. i was think Viper 5000 or high end compustar.

i’m using Loctronics, its not two way, but it comes with an alarm, remote… but i get a removable micro chip thats electronically acts like a relay. u take it off, power doesn’t go to the starter nor to the fuel pump. i lost the chip a couple of times, and it sucked ass.

Compustar, Much easer for 5speed

I’ve got the Viper 5000 Pager alarm. It works really well but replacing the battery in the transmitter is a pain in the ass!! Might want a rechargable?

what’s your purpose for the alarm is the main question you should be asking.

all alarms are great. DEI’s Viper series, CompuStar series are great.
those are probably the top 2 companies for pager alarms.

but let me tell you that you should only use these alarms/starter as a theft deterrent barrier and not the greatest alarm ever.

Well i live in a bad area and i park my car out of my houses view, plus its right side a main street and a light the car can easily be seen when driving past. Dont want no punks touching my car thats really it!

if you’re always near by, then a compustar will do you justice
since it has the best range from my knowledge and if you’re always near by it most of the times, than any pager alarm is good.

buy an alarm with a good range that will alert you when people are doing funny biz with your car. Then get a good solid bat and/or gun to scare them off.

hmm, I was wondering if going a more cheaper way
from being affected by theft…

how bout those aftermarket wheels that come off?

The compustars are nice and great for mt cars. The range on the new ones is 6000ft or 1.8km but thats line of sight. If you ever install a remote starter on our cars you’ll see that they are silly easy to hot wire. Check out a company called lockdown by 401 and kennedy i think. Viper/dei is good but there only starting to do the pager thing now so they still got some flaws and less range, Compustar just upgraded there brain in the new pro units and its now upgraded there frimware updates you get online. To me an alarm with out a pager is pretty much blah car alarms are always going off no one ever cares as much as u.

ps. I just had my pager beep me a warning sign while i was at my computer here and just caught some kids trying to steal my valve steam caps they were pretty suprised when i tapped on there shoulders and told them to put them all back on my car. lol I use to do the same thing when i was youge take the shine chrome ones of cars and put them on my bike can’t really get mad.

Alarms are that sensitive that they can detect valve caps being taken off? How does that work? :expressionless:

And also, since I have no idea how these alarms work (as you can see :P), why are the other alarm systems (not compustar) not good for MT?

http://www.tekniqauto.com/US/home.htm

I just bought one, having issues because the S14 steering column in thicker than the S13…

Well the way it works is it’s a 2 stage shock sensor so i have it set to the max so yes a loud exshaut will set it off but just a warning tone from the car 3 beeps but it will still page me about the warning. about the kids i think they just bend over and put one hand on the fender and set off the warn. About MT tannys alarm wise its all the same for alarms. but for remote starting compustar has it worked out well. Cuz basically the brain has to know some how that the car is not in gear so it’s a bit tricker then auto with the viper you have to buy another unit to make it work on mt compustar works perfect right out of the box.

compustar, i used to install them at my old job and i would highly recommend them.

installation seems to go a lot smoother with them than other units, they have a lot of nice features and seem to be a lot more reliable.