Any questions

Hey how’s it going my name is Davis and I am the owner of Selective Sound and just wanted to introduce myself. If you have any questions about car audio, car alarms, starters, etc. let me know and will be glad to answer any questions.

how good is compustar compare to other remote starter
i m looking for one for my varis … i just put in one for my 350z

Compustar is a very good brand but I prefer Viper, but that’s just my personal taste. What kind of range are you looking for.

Hi davis how are you
i’ve heard a lot of good stuff about you and your store :wink:
anyways just wanted to say sup, i’m the owner of auto-links.

later

No MTX :frowning:
to bad there new technologys are fantastic

Me so sad

Hey what’s up, glad to hear from you, keep in touch.

i heard compustar are not so great ? and viper is the only way to go cuz the module is so small in comparison to compustar and not that easy for a thief to find it and cut it…

are there any alarms that do not run thru to the battery.

just heard a story and now i kinda want a alarm system that has its own source of power other than the battery.

like a backup battery?

sorry, im new to all this stuff.

Just get 2 batteries. one for the sole purpose of alarm. downside is an extra 15lbs. haha.

GO BALLIN WITH 2 BATTERIES!!!

You have 2 options… you can get a backup battery where if your main battery is disconnected your alarm will still get power… but the cheaper option is to get a backup battery siren, how that works if your battery is disconnected the backup siren has its own power and will kick in when it loses 12V or ground. It will keep wailing until its turned off by key, or if the thief finds it and smashes the crap outta it.

Yes you can get a back up battery specifically for the alarm. DEI makes them and they are not that expensive.

Hey, whats the p/n from dei?
520T? Backup battery system?

Yes that’s the one.

Very Interesting.

Or one could located the batter into the trunk and cover it up?

but i’m sure they would figure out where it is.

the back up siren sounds like a good cheap alternative.

it makes them think there is a backup battery and they probably will either
a) run
b) find the backup battery
c) find the extra siren

gives less % to the theif to find the correction option in which would disable the alarm.

best way is also to put one inside the car so if they trying to rip somthing out its deffnin

Vehicle tracking is also a very good option as well. There are quite a few good companies out there that offer this service.

hey selective sounds
do you guys deal with boomerang? i heard from a few people that they are running boomerang and they like it. i don’t know what you guys have to say about boomerang, but i would like your input on that product.
thanks

No we do not deal with Boomerang we use a company that is called The Witness, much better system, it gives you tracking via internet or cell phone. If your car is stolen you get confirmation right away, with the boomerang you have to get a police report first before they track your car.

how much does the tracking thing cost? i might be interested in that :slight_smile:

Hey davis, do you have a contact or the rep for the witness? sounds like a good tracking system… if you can link me the contact info that would be awesome