Compustar alarm

I’m looking into getting a compustar alarm and im just wondering who here has one and what are their thoughts on it? I don’t want a starter/alarm combo since i don’t plan on driving it in the winter.

How much should i expect one to run me with install? Im not looking for top of the line but i don’t want a cheap one either.

What are some reputible places to buy this and get it installed? Oh and its for a 90 s13

Thanks for you help

I got a compustar 2 way and I am pretty impressed with it. Be prepared to change the pager remote battery every couple months though.
Should run you somewhere between $300-$400 at the most installed without starter. I got it done at Audio Concepts in Calgary. Their service there is alright, but I had to wait over 4 hours for the install which pissed me off. If I could go back in time I would have installed it myself.

i have the compustar starter/alarm, its awsome i am very impressed with it. but it was on the car before i had it so i can’t give exact price, but i think it was 300ish, and it was installed by his friend so apparently its doable if you know what ur doing. i have the FMR2way its pretty good but the AMR2way has i think double the distance which is almost ridculous cause the fmr has awosme distance.

compustar works great… easy to install… and they actually work!

Yeah i’ve been doing some looking around and i figure i can get one for under 300 bucks so thats the way im gonna go. Thanks for your help guys :E

damnit my keychain attachment just broke on my remote :grrr , so be prepared for that to happen enentually, 3 yrs for this one. anyone every fix theirs or can u?

No i would have no way of fixing that…i would have to say go back to the place you got it and see what they can do for you. But about the alarm does anyone recommend any other kind of alarm over computstar? Just trying to find out whatever everyone out theres got

I hate compustar and will never buy another one. I’ve owned 3 and they’ve all crapped out on me the first 3 or so months of owning them. I’ve had problems ranging from it drawing so much from my battery it killed it (it was profesionally installed everytime) to having to sit for NO JOKE 2 minutes hitting the unlock button before it would do ANYTHING. I changed the batteries, I had the remote changed, so I ripped them all out and vowed never to buy another. Besides, all a car theif has to do is put it in valet mode and you can say goodbye to your car.

I’m getting a Viper alarm from my 240. It’s got all the same features as the compustar and I’ve heard nothing but good things about them from my friends and a few family members.

Oh really? Up until now i’ve only been hearing good things about that compustar alarms…What model was it and was it installed on a 240? I was looking into viper but everything i saw was too expensive. How would the theif be able to put the car in valet mode without the remote? and wouldn’t the anti starter relay prevent it from going anywhere unless the alarm is deactivated?

These weren’t installed in a 240, no. One in a Volkswagen, one in a cavalier, and another in my other old cavalier.

They can put it into valet mode without the remote. All they have to do is punch your ignition, turn the key on and off 4 or 5 times and it disables the ENTIRE system. Hence why they call it “Valet” mode.

I think im gonna have to go with compustar. I’ve heard many more pros than cons. Thanks for your guys’ help. I will let you know how it turns out

compustarts are normally pretty good… i could see it F*ing up in your VW… cause they’re gay to do installs on… the wiring is everywhere in the car… but yea… caviliers should have worked like a charm… maybe it was something wrong with the install?

yeah that was my thought on it…cause from what i’ve heard they are usually one of the better alarms out there. just trying to make sure i know what im getting myself into before i got and buy anything