diy clifford alarm?

so i want some form of a dei alarm, clifford, maybe viper, but im having trouble finding them at any store online or local (the only place i can find locally is custom radio, and they want big money to install even the cheapest alarm ($300 installed for matrix1 with no add on sensors)) Does anyone know where i can find it? the clifford/viper parent site only sells replacement remotes and add on sensors, im stumped :gotme:

hello…

ebay…

the only items on ebay are add on remotes/sensors and one private seller selling an outdated alarm, where can i find a store that sells them?

http://www.will.uiuc.edu/community/images/Clifford_4w.jpg

I wouldnt fuck with a car that had a 3 story tall dog gaurding it.

can I ask why it has to be a DEI piece?

i would go for compustar also, i just dont like the idea of having anything electronic that is not at least mid-level,also i dont like the idea of skimping on security, considering my car can be stolen in 2 minutes with a coathanger and a screwdriver

Clifford = Viper = Hornet = Sidewinder = Python = Rattler = Valet + many more

Its all the same equipment, just packaged differently. Viper and Clifford is only supposed to be purchased at authorized dealers, and DEI has cracked down alot on internet sales on those products. Try searching for these other brands. As of the other day they were still selling Viper 5900’s and 791’s on ebay.

Compustar is pretty good, but a DEI unit on the same level offers more features and is alot more installer friendly

thanks for the info, i didnt know that you werent supposed to be able to buy them online, figures why i could only find replacement remotes!