Car Alarm(s)

Looking at getting an alarm/remote start. Anyone have good/bad experiences? I like the looks of the CompuStar 2-way stuff, but I only know 1 person who has a CompuStar and it’s like 5 years old.

I know First Bass is the way to go for a shop, just wondering if you guys have suggestions on a good alarm/remote start combo for a 5-speed.
Thanks.

I like Viper 2-way paging systems, and know quite a few people running them. I have not heard of a single issue yet.

in my opinion, and experiences, anything DEI (Directed Electronics) is the best way to go (Clifford, Viper, Avital, Valet, Hornet, Python.

My buddy has a Compustar, model number uberexpensive.

Nice alarm/pager/remote starter/ass scratcher, but Compustar has the worst customer service evAr.

They dont make to many for a 5 speed…Compustar is one of your only options and prob your best. I have only installed one and it was not to bad to put in.

I put a keyless R/S in my girl friends integra i got it off ebay or something i forget what kind it is but is made for a 5 speed…The car stays running untill she gets out and shuts the door the car will shut off…and will only remote start if she “sets” it this way…It is the safest R/S for a 5 speed

the above statement is true if that is a 5spd ur speaking of

:hsdance:

Chaz, do you sell all those DEI brands?

yes

I do but the good folk at DEI went on a tiraid a few years ago and stopped making the 5spd compatible versions.

I do still have in the box 2 original Clifford 5spd units at my disposal, i do believe, BUT they are not 2 way

I agree anything DEI
though i had a Python unit and ive added tons of other security things on the side i dunno what happened but the brain unit for mine died so i got the clone brain unit made by Viper…and thats what i got now and love it

i’ve got a clifford right now and i love it so far…2 way paging but not remote start. didn’t feel like bothering with the 5spd.