Any Top Gear fans

I was doing a little research and I was wondering who the Stig might actually be. I have some ideas and was wondering if any of you guys knew or had ideas of who it might be as well. I’ll let this thread go for a little while then chime back in with my observations and opinions.
:beer2:

wat. u fail. /yourself

It’s probably this guy, or maybe this guy.

I was thinking more this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Mansell

go on, post your reasoning, proof, or data.

Please.

it’s more than one person first of all… but more importantly it’s better to not know who the stig is.

This is all over the net. Most think it’s Ben Collins.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article831687.ece

When does Top Gear US start?

Winter, supposedly. Pilot was just filmed 2-3 days ago. I like what I’ve read lately.

Reports Are Coming In: Top Gear America Looks Good

Posted July 27th, 2008 at 06:23 GMT by Viper007Bond in Top Gear America
The reports are coming in and while most are purposely vague (most attendees felt they shouldn’t spoil it for everyone), they did say that the chemistry is there and it should turn out to be a good show.

Here’s some select quotes from the forums:

[quote]
I’ll tell you one thing though, Andy Wilman, during his introduction, kind of surprised me by stating “Who from the Final Gear mafia is here?”

I shouted out when he asked if anyone from the Final Gear mafia was here. He then jokingly said “Great, the doors are closed, you can’t get out, and the police are on their way!”

I think the show’s going to be great. I think Adam, Tanner, and Eric have a great chemistry. So far Eric’s my least favorite - in person he seemed a little dumb but on the films he was very good.

And there were films, very much in the vein of the original. They were witty, funny, and full of charm.

Adam is an excellent substitute for Jeremy. Not as clever, but still funny in his own (more American) way.

Andy Wilman thinks Adam is funnier than Jeremy. =D

One interesting thing that Andy said was before the tapping he didn’t think that this show was going to be broadcastable, just because the guys needed more time to get in a grove, but after the show he was really excited and said that he would probably use the show, but just not as the series premier but as a later episode. He also said that Jeremy is fun and funny but only because her writes out everything that he is going to say first and Adam is just plan funnier because its all on the fly. During the taping about 90% of all the dialogue is improve. I also asked when would this premier but he didn’t have an answer. What he did say is that he would want some time like next January.

Besides the hosts, everything is the exact same. The setting, the stig, the challenges, the news, SIARPC, etc…

I have 3 conclusions:

1. This show will be good as long as the hosts have more time to work together and learn to be a team.
  2. Adam will keep this show alive until #1 is accomplished.
  3. Chunky needs to die.

StreetFire has a quick review too:

I have to admit I was skeptical they could pull it off, but after attending the taping of the Top Gear pilot I have to say I’m a believer. First, the set was perfect, walking into the Top Gear hanger created a wave of familiarity, but most importantly was the welcome atmosphere from the producers and talent.

There’s even a full review / contents of the pilot episode in that thread on our forums, but be warned it’s full of spoilers! I’d advise probably not reading it and waiting for the pilot to air — you’ll thank yourself later.

[/quote]

I was going to put this in the TGA thread, but it’s indefinite. I gotta be honest with ya, I’m looking forward to seeing this.

TBD, early next year is the guess.

Well, 1st he a Britt. He’s former F1 which everyone knows the Stig is. Listen to some of the comparisons that Clarkson makes to him in this interview on TG. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLHUAwZKbRI This of course, is JMHO.

i believe so too

some say that the outline of his nipple is exactly the same shape as that of the Nurburgring…

a little harsh don’t you think?

:bigclap:

First time you’ve ever made me lol.

Typical Americans. His identity is supposed to be a secret because it adds to the STIGmata of the show. Don’t be stupid, just watch and enjoy. Wtf.

who cares who he is, he has better grandeur as a mythical beast that urinates 98 RON petrol

well like it or not it IS Ben Collins

The show has the bloody wounds of Christ? I mean, I know the show is godlike and all, but wow :stuck_out_tongue:

I rather think of it as someone who eats fluorescent bulbs, and shits 100+ octane.