Top Gear Usa

Well Top Gear Usa debuted tonight. Opinions? Discuss.

So far Im not impressed I think its the lack of dry British wit/humor.
and Tanner Foust is a douche.

so far it really lacks any wit/humor

I understand why the format and the set is identical… but so far not really feeling it.

not feeling it at all, seems like a horrible rip off of top gear uk

I almost can’t wait to hear what the brits say about this when their new season comes up

ehh i liked it

It’s got a long way to go, but I think it was a great start! Watching the Stig take the ACR around the test track was awesome. The Cobra/Viper chase was a bit lame IMO. Way too put on. And that Adam guy seemed to pander to the audience a bit too much. Foust was much more tolerable than I’ve seen him in any other show.

Usually I don’t watch the interview portion on the original Top Gear because I don’t know the guest are, but man did they seem to cut Buzz Aldrin off short. What a half assed interview.

I wasn’t expecting the show to be such a direct copy of the original either. And I’m still not sure if that’s good or bad. Some of the clips they had in the preview have them doing the same exact challenges as the original.

It was a nice send off for the Viper and Murcielago.

I watched it last night (tried 3 different nights to watch it but fell asleep due to it being boring). I thought it was horrible. Tanner Faust seems like the only car guy, but he is not entertaining. Adam Ferrara is funny on Rescue Me, but it is clear he is not a car guy and his humor doesn’t really convey properly on Top Gear. The other guy is kinda funny.

The Viper vs Cobra skit in the beginning was dumb as well.

Worthless show. This failed 2+ years from the notion it was circulating it was about to happen. The Brits humor drives the show. Also the brute honesty.
In USA nothing on TV honesty / integrity.

TOP GEAR ENGLAND- Never revealed the STIG’s. The stigs revealed them self. That’s integrity. USA will NEVER happen with media

" GM introduces the 2012 cavalier, back from 1988. it has 305hp 110 TQ 6 speed V4 1.0L 6 turbo Auto parking with HID headlights, airbags a 1,000 watt 90 disc changer, a voice TEXT GPS n car audio It’s FUCKING AWESOME" . Thats what USA TOP GEAR would say.

The car stuff was interesting, but it really seems like they are trying too hard. They try to treat it as if it is the British version, but the US guys are not funny at all and have no chemistry like the UK guys do.

I watched some Austrailian Top Gear yesterday and it was at least a little funny.