Top gear USA canned

:tup:

good, it sounded rather shitty anyways

it would probably end up being a better show on a less mainstream network.

Good

Exactly. The people trying to adapt the show to an American audience were not shooting for the right targets, and quite frankly had no idea how to do it as well as the UK version.

Top Gear isn’t really about the cars. I care more about what the hosts are saying/doing than what new supercar they are actually driving.

You guys keep saying things like “good” and “it woulda sucked” and maybe it would have, but its not like it would have done any harm to have it on TV. Its not like the names of “car guys” would be tarnished because this show has ruined autos.

I dont care if Carola managed to do a bad job of making people laugh (which he never does) and Faust some how could not deliver in the driving aspect. This show would have just been another nifty thing to watch in HD if you were bored or were interested in the newest exotic.

It would not have been as good of the original by any means, but it would at least be some more car exposure to us in the US

I’ve been so influenced by Top Gear. See all the treads on the Dacia Sandero I create.

No it would have sucked…BBC america is the best part of my Dish Network service simply became of Clarkson, May and Hammond.

The what?

I haven’t had bbc america ever since I went to time warner.

Good thing the episodes are easy to find on the net…

Fantastic, I was just thinking of how much this would suck…

Im watching it for the people, not the cars. Put crazy people in crazy cars, and you get one hell of a show.

The new Knight Rider is doing lots of harm having it on TV, that show is right in the asscrack of cable television right now.

If you watched the show on a regular basis for the past few years you would get the inside joke. they basically did the auto news every episode and captain slow would try to bring this car up and then clarkson would interupt him because no one cared to hear about the little econo car. So it was just kind of a a joke.

I have TW dig cable and I get BBC america, I watch Top Gear any chance i get.

I’m just glad the US networks didn’t get to bastardize another good British show.

arent the bbc america ones shorter than the original? they are a season or so behind.

i just download them via finalgear.com since my projector is hooked to my pc anyway.

Brian

they’re edited down and old at this point.