New Top Gear

hey everyone.
I was wondering what everyone thought about the new Top Gear “America”
I watched it last night and I thought it was pretty good! Seeing the Evo X do what it was doing was pretty sweet!!
But I was just wondering what everyone else thinks of the show?

i still gotta watch it!

I didn’t like it.

It’s watchable, but there hasen’t been anything super interesting through the first two episodes.

i like it if you dont compare the 2, these guys arent funny, at all.
they are doing it wrong, its supposed to be a comedy show that just happens to be about cars, not a car show that just happens to be funny.

definitely not like the UK one but i watch it just because its about cars, everything seems rushed in the show and they try to hard to be funny.

I missed the first episode but caught this weeks and couldn’t really get into it. The studio parts seem too scripted and I thought the skiers vs Evo race was not done very well. You could tell it was filmed on at least two separate days. Just didn’t have the exciting feel of the usual top gear races to me.

Yeah it’s still a work in progress. I like the UK one better though…

The commentating over the races or track runs are so fucking boring.

yea its definetly a work in progress. they aren’t nearly as funny as the UK Top Gear thats for sure.

UK Top gear is still number one to me

Not too much of a fan of either. Original Top Gear is funny but they shit on almost every American car, it gets old. This one is less funny.

channel and time?

It’s pretty lame so far, but I have been DVR’ing it and have not made it through either of the first 2 episodes in 1 sitting. I will keep watching optimistically.

It seems dry and forced. I don’t like it. I’ll watch it if nothing else is on, but I quickly seem to lose interest.

Exactly. It’s just way too easy to tell that it’s entirely scripted. Not to mention that these guys have zero chemistry with eachother.

All the fucking haters will still watch it, thats the funny part.

Compared to the UK version, its fucking terrible.

However, its still a decent show that can be interesting… It will probably slowly get better.

The first two episodes of top gear probably wasn’t all the great either.

For those that haven’t seen it:
Episode 1:
[video]http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-usa-premiere-first-episode_2089561.htm[/video]
Episode 2:
[video]http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-se-1-ep-2_2092026.htm[/video]

I’m still undecided on the series. I’m not expecting it to compare to the UK version, at all. I was expecting a little more chemistry than what I have seen thus far. I imagine they will all get into a good groove after another season… if they make it that far.