Are cops trained to lie?

Depends on which end of Sheridan - could be TOA or TOT.

And, I believe that was ineedacar - who isn’t exactly a model citizen.

lol, wasnt sure who it was, just remember the same description.

Exactly.

Are cops assholes for doing DWI check points on the night before Thanksgiving or new years eve? No. They are just doing their jobs.

I’m guessing it was built for Canada since it has day time running lights.

No, he didn’t use a reader for the factory tint.

The factory tint is no darker than my mother’s Escape.

ok well I believe it is %80 in NYS…if the car isn’t reg’d here you can get away with it…otherwise…and if no reader was used, that is easily dismissed

I told the cop it was factory glass, he told me it doesn’t matter.

So I scratched my head and asked, “So if I buy a brand new car and drive off the dealership you can give me a ticket?”

“Yup.”

I have a friend who is a cop that told me “if I see a black guy and a white guy riding in a car together late at night, I’m probably pulling them over.” He said it wasn’t racist, just statistics. I absolutely don’t agree with that “statistic” crap. It’s a bad precedent to set. You could say anyone driving an XXX car is more likely to be in violation of the law, or anyone in a certain age group, or someone of a certain race. Sooner or later you won’t be able to get to your 3rd shift job on time because you get pulled over every night. Sometimes you have to pay a price for freedom. No cop should ever be able to pull someone over without just cause, and that includes checkpoints.

Perfect example of how no cop ever believes he/she is wrong. Last time I proved a cop wrong on a parking ticket, he sped off without confronting me, leaving me to hold the ticket which I would have had to have a jury trial to fight. Gotta love West Seneca.

Not legal in NYS is not legal in NYS though…just because it is legal somewhere else does not make it legal here

Edit thought: I do think the NYS tint laws are pretty retarded…maybe my opinion will change in the future, but not being able to have any tint is rediculous

I always just tell them I can’t drink because I’m on medication becuase I have tourettes…which is kinda true…I am on meds for it lol, But I can drink all I want.

Its his tactic to lie, but use the same tactic back, and the cops get a little annoyed. You gotta tell the truth, but they can lie lie threw thier teeth. Gets the coppers alot of respect, and they wonder why most people hate em.

Unfortunately it’s his job to catch criminals who make a habit out of lying to police. In a perfect world innocent people would have a little halo over their heads and cops could just ignore them while concentrating on the guys with the skull and cross bone over their heads.

In the real world though the cops have to play games to sort the good guys from the bad since the guilty do everything they can to look innocent.

I think one of the problems with this is while he is wasting time with someone he really doesn’t think is drunk clearly, because he has to weasel and answer out. Someone that is clearly drunk could drive right by.

yea the legal limit in NYS for tints is 70%…no matter what you have on your windows, at least every cop ive run into with those meters the thing ALWAYS reads 5-7% lower than whats on there…i had my windows tinted for about a week the freshest time when they’re the darkest and the cop metered the windows and it was scanning at a 14%, mind you i had them tinted at 20%…i know some glass from the factory has a slight tint to it but c’mon…its B.S…i can see why the front ones cant be pitch black but the rear door windows?

oh and somemore OT shit…your rear window and windows on the side of the car if they are not attatched to doors (i.e 2 door or coupe) can be AS DARK AS YOU WANT, you could spray paint the bitches if you wanted to, as long as you have 2 sideview mirrors…little fun fact after i called a ToT out on it and he looked it up in his little law book and said wow god damn son you’re right you must get pulled over a lot huh?

ask a cop who works night shifts in the inner city what he thinks of tints. it puts officers in danger.

i guess that would give you a pretty sweet excuse if you start swearing at the cop too.

Thank you croyishurr.

Why would motor companies tint rear windows if it was illegal?
It would be like buying a brand new Mustang with no cats from the factory.

THE FACTORY GLASS IS SMOKED!! THERE IS NO FILM TO TAKE OFF!!!

/rant
/hijack

HE CANT PULL OVER ANY FARTHER!!

lol if i was a cop i would go into the dealership and say hmmm welp i counted you got 50 some odd cars out there with illegal tints on the rear windows, remove em or they all get tickets as soon as they drive off this lot, easy way to make my quota, oh wait im sorry quota’s are illegal…let me re-phrase that…ill meet my PERFORMANCE REVIEW goals :cjerk:

Theres a hispanic girl in my Police Administration class that lives in amherst and says she gets pulled over all the time.

the tint thing reminds me of when the evo was new and people were getting tickets for the wing “obstructing view”… the solution was normally for evo owners to say if I show you the wing on the owners manual will you let me go?