Filling a formal complaint for traffic stop?

This is not a plea for a ticket help, I would like to know if anyone here ever filled a formal complaint against any police officers. Preferably without a lawyer but I can afford one if needed.

Basically; can I go to a pct. that 3 police officers are in and speak to someone to make a formal complaint?

Below is what happened to me last night; just for quick back story:

I was going to sushi yesterday around 8PM with 2 of my friends and there was impala going 10mph,
ridiculous slow. Since it was one way and double yellow on my left I honked at it once.

They flashed their lights, yup undercover… and let me pass then pull me over.

Three low life looking cops get out (uniformed) and ask me why I beeped at them.

I was like wow these guys are complete loosers. So I told them clearly that
they were going way under speed limit and created dangerous conditions, I was not trying
to be an ******* and gave them a friendly beep as I was taught.

They started grinning, and looking at each other and accusations poured in:

*******: Your car is qualified to be a benchmark for speed boy?
Me: No, but there is a big difference between doing 25 in 30 and coasting at 10mph.

******* 2: So you saying its OKAY to speed in residential area? Is that what you saying? I think you saying that.
Me: No I never stated that, you were creating a dangerous condition by driving 10 mph in 30 and I honked at
you and now you are ****ing with me for no reason. (Yup I said that because they were grinning and I realized
this is an ego trip now).

******* 1/2/3: ****ing with you HUH? What you saying to crossed double yellow?
Me: No.

******* 1: Oh you tail gated us, wow are you drunk?

******* 1/2/3: Yes he is drunk, are you drunk? You are defiantly drunk.
Me: No I’m not, give me breathalyzer.

Another cop pulls up, gives me breathalyzer, I’m 100% clean. They seem upset at this point
and start telling cop that pulled up that my insurance is bad (it was… crumbled…)
cop says that it’s fine and tells me to get back to my vehicle.

So these 3 *******s sit in their car and laugh-ting their ass off at this point for 15 minutes,
then they give me a summons… reckless driving… for ****ing honking at them.

That’s 6 points and possible jail time/$600 fine.

I’m already talking to a friend who is getting me referral to a lawyer but looking for some feedback on this;
most importantly is it possible for me to go to precinct and file a complaint against these cops?

Cliffs:

Car in front of me going 10MPH in 30MPH
I honk at it once
Get pulled over by the car in question
Major ego/powertripping
I get ****ing wreckless driving ticket for this

Good luck :tup:

Its going to be 3 Cops word vs what you say…

You really don’t have any case against them you were most likely tail gating them seeing you bitched about their speed…

I’m getting a lawyer for the ticket; a good one.

I’m interested in filling a complaint on 3 ‘officers’ at this point.

looser than what?

Ive attempted to file formal complaints but the police officers refuse to. And even if they did take a formal complaint i doubt it would even get anywhere but the garbage. police take care of there own. Good luck though, unless you know someone high up.

Like I said filling a complaint for what exactly?

You were probably tailgating them since they did 20 under the speed limit…

You didn’t get beaten, verbally harassed, illegally searched, smashed on the hood of a cop car…

I’m going to PCT. right now, wish me luck.

What? When is last time you got a criminal record, 6 points and $600 fine for tail gating?

Stop smoking crack, this is power tripping at it’s finest.

You can’t go and file a complaint because you got a ticket you didn’t like…This is now an issue between you and the court.

Anyways I will stop wasting your time go complain the police station and come back and post results.

Edit: Tail gating falls under reckless driving…The fine/points is correct for reckless driving clearly your issue is with the legal system and punishments for driving infractions.

OMG! I cAnT bElIeVe ThAt HaPpEnEd 2 u!

u shuld call channel 2 and get mary friona 2 straighen this out right away!

I had a cop grab my keys out of my ignition and throw them into the bushes then threatened to give me a ticket for doing 80 in a 30 because I called him an asshole. I took out my cell phone, dialed 911, got in touch with the local PD and they refused to send another officer to at least be in presence in the situation and hung up, I called 911 again, they refused again even after I said an officer is threatening to break to law and lie about tickets. They just laughed and said take it to court.

After some name dropping and threatening, he fetched my keys from the other side of the fence, denied everything, and told me to carry on.

Maybe I watch to many cop shows, but I thought all the cars had those camera things to record/document how the interaction goes

LOL yeah file a complaint, so instead of 3 cops hating you and knowing what you drive, the entire force in that area will have it out for you.

Hasnt anyone learned anything from sedlmiere?

edit

I just caught this.

have a seat, this post is being an overreacting female at it’s finest.

Wow you guys are cynical assholes.

What don’t you get?

HE WAS TAILGATING

TAILGATING = RECKLESS DRIVING TICKET

RECKLESS DRIVING = 6 POINT TICKET

Now he is pissy about it…

One more lesson learned.

When will people on here start paying attention to these stories and notice there are a few common threads that tie them all together!?

1. The whiner ALWAYS does something disrespectful at some point (swear at the police officer, not call them sir, ma’m, or officer etc…, accuse them of being wrong in a disrespetful manner…).

2. The whiner always thinks that they are above the law, that police officers are scum and out to get them, and that they can somehow beat the law. No.

I know there are more, but these are the biggest 2 things. A lack of respect, and a lack of accountability or responsibility.

Grow up. Treat people right, especially authority figures, prosper!

I was not tail gating, stop making shit up.

All I did was honk at a slow moving vehicle and got harassed then slapped with stupid ass summons because they were butt hurt someone DARED to honk at them.

I’m respectful to a lot of cops, I’m not going to be bending over when 3 jack asses with low IQ are standing there trying to make shit up and smirking at me.

I’m not a child nor will some idiot with badge run his BS on me; you can bend over and take it if you wish.

If I tail gated them and then passed double yellow to pass them and was speeding while I was severely drunk with invalid insurance and invalid registration as they tried to claim I would not be here posting bullshit threads and being mad at those douche-bags.

But yes, you are right; I was thinking I was above the law for giving a friendly honk to some asshole cruising at 10mph at 10 pm at night.

Thanks for your comment, please make it less obvious you are a police officer. Mr. Authority figure.

juat?

I’m not a cop at all. If you didn’t do anything wrong, good. Fight it, I 100% agree. You didn’t help your case by mouthing off though.