Unbelievable Police Harassment!!!My Story

Has anyone has been involved with police harassment? I’ve heard many stories about it, but have not been involved in any ------ until last week.
It was absolutely ridiculous. I am curious to know if you (or anyone you know) have any stories similar to mine. If you have police stories, please post them.

Here is My Story:

6:43 on a friday exiting north off of the 410, I realize a police cruiser is signaling me to pull over. I proceed to pull over on the shoulder of the 410 exit.

The police officer approaches my vehicle and immediately says, “you were going 130km/h.” Being 6:43 on a friday, there was still some left over congestion on the highway and not only was I not doing anything over 90 (being that I was exiting), it was also impossible to do 130 when there were multiple cars infront of me. I told the Police Officer that that speed limit was impossible and I was not.

He took my license and insurance and returned eight minutes later asking me to step out of my vehicle. We are still on the highway exit ramp–not the safest place to be walking around I imagine.

As I exit the vehicle (My father’s 1995 mustang) The officer questions me about tire residue around my rear bumper. I replied that it was just residue from a cleaning gel and regular tire shred that is expected from a rear wheel drive car and tires on their last miles.

The officer continues by asking me if I’ve been racing, concluding with my tires are as bald as his head. I told him I haven’t been, the car is not mine it’s my fathers and the tires are old. He asked me whether my father knows I have the car. I continued to patiently reply to all these pointless questions as he continues asking me questions about drugs and where I’ve been doing brake stands to ruin the tires.

45 minutes later he hands me back my insurance and insurance and says “here you go speed racer, when I catch you doing brake stands I’m impounding your car and taking your license”

I was pulled over for nothing. Harassed for 45 minutes about nonsense, and insulted in the end for him wasting my time. And for the record, I have no traffic violation or accident in my seven years of driving. Nor did I ever do brake stands in my dads baby of a car.

That is bad.

I was driving south on Woodbine from Hwy 7 about a week ago on my way to work. I just changed the faulty turbo in my car a few days before. The light changed and I proceeded. Being that it was so near to my turbo change, my exhaust system had a lot of residue oil still left over and it would make light puffs of smoke on my car as I drove. 95% of this had already burnt off so I was good.

Out of no where a cop pulled up behind me and pulled me over, about a Kilometer away from the stated offence. He asked for my license, ownership and insurance, and immediately asked me to come out and open the hood of my car. He looked around the car and asked me about a number of things under the hood (to me it seemed like he was just interested in finding out what was in the car)

He then said I was driving carelessly and racing from stop light to stop light. The indication to him was smoke coming from my car. He claims the smoke was from my tires, but the smoke was most certainly coming from my tailpipe. Not only that, when I changed the turbo I disrupted the hoses going into the heater core and one was leaking pretty badly. I was going to fix it at the end of the day, but I knew when I drive the car hard it would start to overheat, so I daisied the car the entire way to work. It was impossible to drive fast at the time.

What made it even worse to me is that a few days before, 2 cops were driving up my street. One made a 3 point turn in the driveway across from my house, but at the point where he was facing my house, he stopped for two minutes to look at my car. I was standing outside working on my car with the hood open and the license plate was completely visible.

Man u should of asked for his name and badge# and reported a complaint. He has to give u his name and badge number if u request it.

I was pulled over once at the end of last year, my 300zx was smokin due to turbo failure. He came up to the wrong window as it is a fairlady. " the officer said where did you get this car? " " I replied with japan" " He then said, you should have left it there" I was not impressed. He did not believe my inspection was real cause my car was smokin 9 months after the inspection :s Then to top it off of him harrassin me for 30 mins, he gives me a written warnin " Operating with improper exhaust" I was just like huh??? Grrr :mad:

police sucks…they are never after bad things but only nice looking cars…i am wondering if they do anything els but giving away tickets to ppl.
still there are drugs and guns on the road but no one cares. the obly thing they are good at is: stop you, ask for papers, give you a ticket for a small stupid reason and collect air points. thats all.

i am sorry for ppl who get teased by this ugly system.

york region cops are pricks

thats what ive heard

Do you all have any other stories to share??

Very true as I live in York Region.

I’ve learned to deal with them after being pulled over so many times, I have my fair share of stories, but I don’t have time to tell now, maybe later.

One thing I have learned is that, the best way to deal with pricks, is to stay calm, and collect your thoughts and remember as much detail as possible. And to co-operate with them. By doing this, you can think clearly and you can find reasons to void their assumptions of offense.

Cops should eat cow manure, besides that badge # and car # take it and complain.

i got pulled over by project erase. he pulled over a car i rolled by him in neutral. he stares at my car and chases me and pulls me over. i ask what i’m being pulled over for and he’s like cause your car looks like a street racing car. and i tell him i dont street race … then he goes looks around my car tells me to move my wheel side to side. then gives me an improrer muffler ticket saying when i passed him he heard my car and you shouldnt be able to hear anything when your driving a car …

cops are lamers… and the cop that pulled me over looked like a pig really.

Downshift and gun it.

This is why I usally stick to my bike.

next time a cop says your car “looks like”
or it “looks like you”

just tell em

“your uniform tells me you eat doughnuts and your wife is f***in someone else” (VEEERY QUIETLY)

then when he gets mad…say…“it must be true cause I heard you lose yer temper pretty easy too” (VEEERY QUIETLY)

then ask if he’s ok…a lot of times…like every time he says something…

then ask if he needs to sid down & have a rest…sound concerned no matter what.

if he calls in backup you can say youve been very nice to the officer and dont understand why he’s so upset…and have been trying to understand whats going on since he pulled you over
then question his emotional stability.

this will cause hime a few years of occasional “stop in’s” from the police psychiatrist.

if you see him again ask if he’s feeling any better…

Some cops are really pigs or dogs as we call them back in my country. I know a guy who got pulled over 20 times because he has a done up truck with over 40 thousand dumped in it…dont ask me why he drives it on the street donest make sense to me too lol but I guess it doesnt help he looks like a drug dealer even though I know he works in construction for a living lol

Best story he told me was when he got a ticket for having tint and all of his windows were down…anyway if you know someone who is looking to buy a truck let me know hes selling it

not sure what you guys will take of it. but here is a petition for the ‘street racing’ law.

http://www.petitiononline.com/civil013/petition.html

i wouldnt sign that petition… in short form they are stating it is wrong to convict, impound vehicles without being found guilty of the offence in court… that we are having our civic rights minimized…

to me if you are speeding you are breaking the law, if you somehow are going 50 over then it is your own damn fault and you risk everyones safety, your own and your own rights to be on the road with a vehicle… Plus you are guilty regardless of going 50 over so why would you need to be present in a court? To state why you were going 50 over the limit?

Just find that petition pointless, if they catch you breaking the law your gonna get it up the ass regardless if you show up in court or not… the law was presented to scare drivers and minimize speeding and its doing pretty well from what I can see

This law was introduced as a “cash cow” for the province.
-Why did we need this law when we already had legislation regarding excessive speeding?
-Why deem it as the “Street Racing” law when in fact its just an amendment to the existing speeding laws?
-Why are we governed by speed limits first introduced in the 40’s?

And you say the law is doing well? How many street racers have they impounded?
Compared to say Soccer Moms/Dads?..
Sure seems as if most ppl were speeding and not street racing…

Since we are sharing opinions, why is your tint so dark? It looks illegal to me…your breaking the law… sound familiar?

To me it doesnt really matter who is being pulled over by the “street racing law”… nobody should be attempting those speeds on the highway… if your a soccer mom rushing home to cook dinner or one crazy driver, nobody should be doing those speeds regardless, or you risk yourself of getting a ticket or charged for the new law… but thats just my point of view, im all for it.

As for the tint are you speaking in general or mine? because mine are dealership tints which are to code…

How do others feel on this law, do you accept it and stop any serious speeders or do you think its an abuse of power and control?

Instead of offering up your opinion, how about you try and answer my questions as to “why”…