global news on street racing!!

Go to search and type in street racing, there is 2 clips

http://www.globaltv.com/globaltv/ontario/video/index.html

the first clip shows for a few seconds enyaw’s car.

second clip towards the end shows an s14 being checked by cops…i think it had a drift-ops decal on the side of the car…anyone here care to explain?..lol

yea it was lol

The reporter isn’t wearing her seatbelt in the first clip. lol

And in the second clip, why do they keep calling everyone they interview “Street Racer”, do they drive or are they just spectators?

Wayne what was the deal?

i agree that there definatly needs to be harsher punishment for street racing but i dont agree on the way they’ve gone about making Joe officer judge, jury, and executioner. like buddy said. its a civil rights violation to be punished for a crime before being “proven” guilty in a court of law. things need to change.

i say make a law where if ur caught street racing, u get ur summons for court, u go, and if ur found guily u get ur licence suspended for 6 months automatically, and recieve a heafty fine, like $3,000. second time ur found guilty, ur licence gets suspended for a year and u get a $5,000 fine and 30 days jail time, 3rd time u lose ur licence for life and up to a year inprisonment. but in order to do this they would have to make extremly specific guidlines, video footage for proof, witnesses, etc and it would turn into something where the taxpayers would end up paying. but at least there’d be no rights violations which our forefathers gave there lives to prtotect.

my $0.02

i love it, lol

Ahhh good ole growing opposition. Its nice to hear that everyone is getting sick and tired with this stupid law.

The one thing I hate most about giving this much power to cops is the fact that they can pretty much charge you with whatever they feel like charging you with.

At the end of the day, the court will believe the cop’s word against yours.

Even if you were doing 40kmh over, he can still say you were going over 50kmh and claim that you were street racing.

This law is very subjective… but oh well, there’s nothing we can do.

I also love the part where they talked about how “street racing accidents were reduced by 43%”.

How many street racing accidents were there last year? Like 5 in total? Probably less.

I hate how stats are so misleading.

He said “deaths in road accidents were reduced by 43%” and these deaths are mainly cause by drunk driving anyways.

Besides, we all know that 70% of stats are made up.

What I like about the opposition clip is that it’s all older people giving their opinions. Not just young people who people believe (which is for the most part true, by nature) are naive, and arrogant. It’s good to see broadened insight.

Also - Speeding is down because gas is up (or was for the summer anyway) and people don’t want to waste their gas. Shit, I’m even SUB-consciously always aware of what speed I’m doing and how I’m driving to save gas…

it’s funny how everytime they do street racing clips it always involve hondas…

^^ yea!!!, What I hate is they tell you to go to the track!!! what happens if you finish work at 12am and you want to burn some rubber where do you go? Track close!!! We need a place where we all can hang out and have some fun or practice drifting. etc. I drove to the track on Sunday spent $100.00 did two test passess and killed my coil, called for a tow $600.00 to scarborough, lucky thing my buddy had trailerd his car so he drop me off away from the track, because CAA does not tow cars from the track that was racing.

Anyway they have this law and I am wondering how many tuner cars they caught for real street racing.

Sounds great, but not in this country dude.

I love how almost everycar was a honda in the seccond clip…

i agree that there definatly needs to be harsher punishment for street racing but i dont agree on the way they’ve gone about making Joe officer judge, jury, and executioner. like buddy said. its a civil rights violation to be punished for a crime before being “proven” guilty in a court of law. things need to change.

i say make a law where if ur caught street racing, u get ur summons for court, u go, and if ur found guily u get ur licence suspended for 6 months automatically, and recieve a heafty fine, like $3,000. second time ur found guilty, ur licence gets suspended for a year and u get a $5,000 fine and 30 days jail time, 3rd time u lose ur licence for life and up to a year inprisonment. but in order to do this they would have to make extremly specific guidlines, video footage for proof, witnesses, etc and it would turn into something where the taxpayers would end up paying. but at least there’d be no rights violations which our forefathers gave there lives to prtotect.

my $0.02

the problem with this is that there is no first or second time getting caught if you were to run someone over and kill them…

point of the matter is that there are far to many people in cars that are suped up and use them inproperly, as say someone like many of us on the board that are car enthusiast’s and enjoy a car that handles and drives the way a car should, but at the same time enjoy taking it to the track…

how many honda civics lowered with exhausts and cheap ebay turbo kits actually take there car to the track?

i bet if you were to ask 10 random people in cars like that ( not gonna pin point hondas, was just an example ) , maybe only 1 takes, or HAS takin there car to the track…

i see far to many people hanging out in lots doing burnouts and stupid things, so now they just label every car that looks or sounds as though your gonna “race”…

ruines it for all of us.

Hey dickface, most people who are caught “street racing” are kids in their mom’s Benz, not guys who work on their owns cars.

There is alot of hondas at the track!! Its’s not only hondas that street race. But if there is a place in Toronto were guys and girls can go and race you will less street racing and if you get caught racing the law is there to fU*K hard, But you can not expect to have a law like this one and expect racing to stop!!! EVERYTHING WE DO HAS TO BE FAST!!! think about it.

Some cops do not know were the track is located much less the public for that matter.

If the city had a program like the one in BC were the cops block off a section of the street in the night and let the guys do there thing ( street legal cars), you know how much money the city can make if they charge $10 to $15 a car to race and $5 to watch.

People saying there is no space for a track in toronto BULLSHIT!!! And the thing they like to say " noise" what ever!!! people build and live next to train stations or railway tracks, I used to live at Morninside and old Finch and when the train is crossing the brige the conductor blows the blasted horn at 12am 1am at anytime. No body says shit.

Think about this!! if every driver on the 401 took a car control school course, how safe would it be?

“Anyway they have this law and I am wondering how many tuner cars they caught for real street racing.”

Tuner Cars - None.
Riced out Cars - more then a few
Kids in Parents Cars - more then 70%, most of the time, the car is in 2 pieces.

I know a guy that had his car impounded for a week, license suspended, and all that shit, just because he went 20 over, after heading onto an on ramp for the highway. Honest … im just ignoring the law, doing what i need to get done, i dont speed, i dont act like i douche. I just drive normally, and when i feel its the right time/place, i’ll stretch my legs. Cops are just dickwads that love to fuck your day over, and make that oh so sweet quota at the end of the month. It’s all a game for them, they probably even have a chart for each division, with every officer on it. “# of people you’ve fucked over this month”

/end rant/