OPP Plane??? 50km/h over speedlimit = street racing?

was listenin to the radio this morning and heard about this new opp plane that will have surveillance equipment to catch speeders on the highways.
heres an article from “the star” website.

I heard it mentioned this morning on breakfast tv. Interesting.

I also hear that there was something earlier this year which said if your caught going 50km+ over the speed limit they have the right to take your car and crush it?

Actually, they want to pass a law saying that if you go 50kmh over the speed limit, anywhere, anytime, they wil classify you as a street racer and they will impound your car for up to 2 weeks.

The great thing about this law that it has to be applied to ALL cars and not just street racers.

50km/hr over the limit is really fast, 100km/hr in a 50km/hr zone is excessive.

I commute to work every day and I see 30-50 something year old male drivers weaving in and out of traffic in their 300C’s, BMW’s and ford Taurus’.

So, we’re cutting money on transit, cleaning, libraries, police (yes police!), etc…

But we’re spending 2 mil on planes to battle street racing and permanently allocating 55 cops to it?
I’m sorry, but Canada can no longer afford to ridicule Americans about being morons. We just kicked their ass at it.

From what I read, they’re expecting these changes to save tens of thousands of lives… Considering there have been about 40 street racing deaths over the last 10 years, how long will that take? :rolleyes:

This is ridiculous, The 50 kmh over law should only apply to residential areas and non 400 series highways. Maby they should have time restrictions too because 50 over during rush hour is not the same as 50 over at 3:00 in the morning on an empty road.

What are they gonna do about the 407? half the people who drive on it do around or over 150.

Now if i do 150, i might as well do 200… might as well top out while I’m at it, because I’d be fucked anyways, at least if I’m going faster i have less of a chance of them catching me when i do get radar’ed.

At least their will be alot of car chases to watch on tv… :rolleyes:
Because i sure as hell wont stop and i know a bunch of other people who wouldn’t either. especially if your driving a modified car.

I don’t encourage street racing, but i do allow my car to stretch its legs every so often, On the highways and on country roads. Never in rush hour traffic though.

Bro I couldn’t agree any more!

Unbelieveable isn’t it?

Yeap, we are amazing. What it really hurts to hear is that they don’t focus much on the rustbuckets that little the roads in my area. The cars that barely run, and look like a moving metal block of death.

I think the only reason there doing this whole big thing on street racing is because it is easy for them to control and “makes them looking good” but there just using this to cover up all the other things they cant hanle like all the shooting that have been happening. We have more shooting here now then the bad area of the US.

I dont think you heard of New Orleans, The Murder Capital. Over 100+ gun related deaths.

lol to top it off about being in debt.

i just heard on the radio 2 days ago about TTC implementing a new HUB at kipling station which is estimated to be at 30 million. especially considering that they don’t want to increase the hike and they dont’ want to shutdown the fairview line.

some thing i’ll never understand in ontario.

Don’t get me started on Toronto’s budget.

Of all things to cut, the government thought it wise to only send plows to our street if snow reaches 15cm, instead of 8cm.

This winter is gonna suck.

toronto doesnt know how to handle money… thats why toronto streets are all shitty and i cant drive my coilovers on them

if you are going 50 over then you are a retard.

So you’ve never ever ever in your life gone over 150 on the highway in the middle of the night? NEVER done it? Not even once???

Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

Mr. Benson just likes to be a hyprocrite. i mean look at his quote “When i look in the mirror what do i see, a little honda chasing after me!!!” j/k

delete

Do you mean drag-strip?

Meh, if for some reason I approach 150 on a 400 series hwy I slow down to my normal 115km/hr.

Ontario is getting shitier by the second… Planes!!! How stupid can this get… Why don’t they put a track near every large city like i damn these planes aren’t gonna c everything so instead that that 2 million and build a big ass track nearby.