Cops followed me from home, took my plates, gave me $220 in fines ON MY BIRTHDAY.FTC!

This morning on June 27th. The day of my birthday. I was Harrassed by Niagara Regional Police, MTO, and OPP. My plates were removed from my vehicle and i was faced with a $220 fine.

I pull out of my driveway from home at 8:30am out in Niagara On the Lake. An unmarket NRP vehichicle drives past as im pulling out. I continue on my way to work. The officer pulls a U turn and before i know it hes on my ass. Im thinking WTF i didnt do anyhting. Officer follows me for 500m. I pull into a gas station on my street to get gas so i can get to work. Officer walks up to me and asks for my licenece and registration. I comply and ask why. He tells me that i have a modified vehicle and i have to drive 1km down the road (following him) to the highway where MTO is going to Safety Inspect my vehicle he says its manditory. I comply and am very polite even though i was on my way to work and had done nothing wrong.

I get to the Area 7min down the road from my house. There are over 100 police, Mto, and even a fire truck set up at this rest area on Glendale Rd. Just over the niagara skyway. I and wait for 30minutes before anyone explains to me what is going on. By this time i am late for work. I know that this was all part of the BS ERASE program

Officers eventually come talk to me. Two officers were very interested in my car and were complimenting me on how tastefully done it is and one asked me if i was selling it. Asked me about drifting. I told them about CSCS. I told them every modification. We even had a few laughs.

Finally by 9:15 an MTO mechanic is inspecting my car. He finds that my horn is not connected (removable steering wheel. Havnt had a horn on my car in 6 years) and that my rear tires are at the wear bar (i have 6 brand new tires at home) and bugs me because my brake lines are ziptied to my front coilovers and lectures me on how they are going to wear and i will loose my brakes. (these were all that he found wrong with the vehicle)

he goes back to his car. Comes back with a screwdriver. Removes my plates. I ask him what is going on and he says my car is not fit for the road and i have to get my vehicle towed or they will impound it. He also informs me that i am recieving a $110 fine for no horn, and $110 fine for tires worn to the wear bars. I tell him today is my birthday and my parents bought me new tires. That they are in the garage 5min down the road and they were to be mounted on saturday (that was a white lie because i won them from CSCS and was just lazy to put them on) i also said that if he gave me an hour in this parking lot that i would replace the front struts with OEM ones with mounts for the brake lines, put the stock steering wheel back on so the horn works, and put on 15" rims and tires i have at home with good rubber.

he says. NO. that i will need to get a new safety check performed at a later date and he will not be lenient. (the minister of transportation was 10feet behind me watching it all in person FUCK YOU)

I get my car towed by CAA. and dont make it to work till 11am.

How are we suppose to respect law enforcement officers and obey the laws of the road when they give us no respect? Next time im just going to run.

oh. look for me and my car on city tv news and cogeco news.

<3

Wow that is bawls… I had something similar happen the other day to me. I was pulled over with my girlfriend. I had left my wallet at my house so I didn’t have my license. Rightfully so, he gave me a ticket… but I was also asked to follow him to get my car inspected by MTO. They found nothing wrong and let me go. Still it’s inconvenient, and I must agree, they are very rude and disrespectful.

damn jesse, that sucks monkey ball, hope you get it all resolved man.

Dude that sucks man.

I am now a little worried since I’ll be driving my Civic to Quebec for DMCC tomorrow morning. Just like you I think my car is legal other then the horn but mines a factory wheel.

That fucking blows.

As far as I know though, they can’t get you on private property (gas station) can they? A guy in Montreal was in a parking lot of his arena going to a game and the cops couldn’t give him a ticket for his exhaust cause he was on private property.

By the way, at least in Ontario it’s a mechanic who checks out the car, in Quebec it’s the cops who check out the cars for safety stuff. And the only mechanical training they get is “how to fuck over modded car owners 101”. They know NOTHING about cars and are giving us tickets about mechnical problems. Still sucks though…douchebags…

Wow, that’s fucked. This province blows my mind, because it’s doing the impossible. Becoming a bigger piece of shit than it already was.

Wow, that is a little cruel. My bday was yesterday tho, luckily no fuckery like that happened.

Happy Birthday Jesse!!

Too bad you didn’t live closer or I would have bought a round of beers for you to get you shit faced so you can forget all this BS.

I hope you’re able to fight the tickets?

Fuck…i don’t feel like driving my car anymore.

that sucks man… you should’ve run… haha

Jon

Time to get my shit welded up lol.

Happy Birthday man! But it really sucks to hear that… just put the stock steering wheel back on for the inspection… and then switch to stock shocks + springs too :slight_smile: Easy fix.

that is total BS… what a waste of resources

however you can’t -really- argue with the fact that you were given tickets for no horn and tires at the wear bar. you knew that stuff was improper. pulling your plates off was bullshit and basically you happened to be the victim of political showboating. and that really sucks.

you should obviously fight those charges and i think you have a good chance at winning. just show proof that you put on new tires immediately and that you hooked up the horn and attached the brake line properly.

i told the officer that i could fix the problems listed in front of them within the hour.

What i find more fishy is that this cop who origionally pulled me over at my house is always at tim horntons talking to his friends who have modified cars and i know he has a modified interera type r. I have never had an encouter with him. I also drive by him on my way to work every day at the same time.

I am going to argue my case in court and claim that this was entrapment.

Well, it might piss them off if you try to claim anything. Just go in there and be mature about it, explain your story, and I think everything should be fine.

And just mention that you found it to be a “coincidence that a TV crew was there while this was happening”. And it seems like because of that, they ignored the fact that you said you could change everything right in front of them.

I think you were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. :\

yep. at least i still have my car in one piece. After all i could have been in an accident where my horn would have solved the problem. But quick release is way more usefull than a horn.

It seems that at the end of the month shit like this happens. Exactly the same thing with JSTN, he got plates taken from him exactly 1 month ago.

No horn and tires at wear bars.

PS: There was a news crew when JSTN got pulled over too.

thats gay. best of luck jesse and happy birthday

thank god the police are doing this…

what a huge favour they are doing for this province…

it is costing $10,000 an hour for them to be situated there and worth every penny.

$220 tickets is smart too, because when you fight them it will cost the courts $500 just to process and hear the case.

Yeah, he was out looking for a “tuned” car, saw yours and pulled you in for a political stunt/media hype. Total balls. Fuck… And Samson “I don’t even want to drive my car anymore”… That’s what they’re looking for. They want us to just cowtow and bury our hobby.