so since street racing is so hot, what about our cars ?

im sure that you all have seen the other thread regarding crushing cars and all

when you drive down the street in your 240 and soccer moms will be yelling at you and calling the cops JUST cause you drove by and they think your going to kill someone, anyway

will you be taking aftermarket parts off the outside of your car ? or will you just keep them on ? its ok if people look at you, but what about the way you drive ? will you drive slow with a dangerous appeal, or drive fast with a stock looking car ? what will YOU do ?

I personally never liked anything too flashy but its uncool to be looked at as a street racer just cause you got a set of aftermarket wheels ? Hey I am a criminal now cause I want my car to look different.

thankfully, i don’t have that much done to my car, and i still have the stock parts that i replaced with new ones.

i think all i need is to put my old stock catback on, and i’ll be pretty safe from police.

fuck that, I’m going to keep all the aftermarket stuff. And well, they want to check it out they’re welcome to, but if it happens more than 4 times this summer, I’m going to lodgea complaint based on discrimination/harassment.

I’ve had a discussion with someone who said blitzing modified cars isn’t discrimination but, the law is supposed to be applied evenly in order to be fair. And if an officer was only gong to ticket say red cars today, that would be discrimination, so why dosen’t that logic fly for modifieds as well

My car does and will always look stock on the outside. Too bad it’s also stock on the inside right now :frowning:

if you ever get a performance exhaust, it no longer looks stock from the outside.

the best way …well for me was to hide my exhaust…like vlad did, most ppl have their 4 " exhaust hanging down and swoop up. but i rather have it kinda in the stock position…but if they hear it…i’m still fucked…so i dunno…but the videos are all refering to actual street racing…not speeding down highways.

I’ll have to see how it goes. All this hurrah will probably/hopefully die down soon enough…

I had thought about getting the muffler swapped for a stock-looking one that wouldn’t be a bottleneck to the 2.5" pipe, if that’s possible. I also thought about getting a second resonator added to make it quiet (right now it’s not loud, but it’s not as quiet as stock either).

If I get no harrassment, then I’ll just leave it be as it is though.

they stated that they are on the watch for “ghost cars” cars that look stock on the outside but are not stock engine wise

Really? Where did you read that?

Would they have to prove it… or could they just say “I think it’s modified” ?

I even still have stock rims, no spoiler, no body kit, shitty paint, etc. The muffler is the only thing that looks non-stock.

i’m just going to carry on and pretend like nothing has changed. next summer i’m gonna get a body kit and bigger exhaust and etc etc. (obviously not rice). i’m still going to eye down cops who look at my funny and i’m still going to be driving 70km/hr in a 60. i’ll be doing everything the same and they wont have shit on me.

hrmmm, maybe thats why fast and the furious 3 took place in an underground parking lot. less attention and no harm to the public. smart japs…too smart for us.

they’re getting pretty serious with this, not to long ago at victoria/king (K/W) they were pulling over any car that looked modified and doing e-tests.

I would have to say that this is the absolute worst time to get busted, anyone getting caught right now will be made an example of, eg. those crushed civics.

just gotta wait this one out, it’ll be over soon enough.

Just stay away from Woodbridge dod.

The other day I heard from a freind that police were set up on the side of the rode, just pointing to any modified car to get off the road, in a couple minutes it gets towed. There was a line of tow trucks, seemed like no mercy.

What a bitch. I wonder how much of a financial hit the government would take if any car related store, event etc. would be outlawed. Fuking cockroaches.

wtf?

this is such bs

im actually worried about driving down to portcredit tonight…

i shouldnt be scared to drive my car in canada, its a 1st world country

this is somthing i would expect in a 4th or 3rd world country.

+1

that’s how bad things are getting. i feel exactly the same as you man.

I had 8 tickets last summer split between my slightly modded S13 and my stockish S14. My new car is twice as flashy as my first S13 was, Im not letting the pigs scare me from doing what I want to my car. Im just not going to street race anyone its as simple as that.

It’s all hype!

It’s threads like this that make it worse.

Stories about “heard from a friend”…please!

Just everybody relax… this sh!t happens every spring and early summer.

Don’t drive like a tard! Don’t drive a shietbox! And IF you get pulled over, handle the situation respectfully and maturely and you WILL be fine.

lol good thing my car is to old for etests but ya it will suck im pulling the A-pexi exhaust and doing something else pulling tthe wide body in favour of something less noticable probably end up changing my hood too we will see.

on a diff note in the new you guys see the school petition?
well I think thats the next step every person who has a moded car but doesnt act like an @ss on the street but goes to the track should do a petition too
I dont want to even put the car on the road now because of this to much time and money invested in the car to see it yanked because a cop decided he thought I was street racing i mean how do you fight that one in court lol even if you won your car keys are in the car under the bulldoser.
I cant afford another car to tow my car with and never mind I dont want to be limited to track day to drive my car.

how do you defend your self against a judgement call from a cop???
you dont hell if he said I was going 50 over then thats what i did cops are considered experts in the field and can tell by eye how fast I was going with in 5-10 kms do I think its true not an FFF’n chance but hey who the f**k am I oh right a punk street racer so say the news and the cops

f**k i hate the idea that because my car is not stock and its fast it must be for racing in the streets and killing people
i do drive fast but I dont race people doing it
never mind I was driving home from work realy late one night at the lights a blue mini van pulled up on my right lights change we go me i dont give a sh!t about the mini van im just driving so anyway funny how parked cars are in the parked car lane but instead of the mini van slowing the guy just swerves right into me (my front bumper is at about his front fender) lucky me I pretty much new its was going to happen so I slam on the breaks and nothing happens… HOWEVER

IF I had gone into the on coming lane that he was pushing me into BAM I hit a car you try telling the cops you were not street racing no witnesses
lol id have to say but officer if I was racing him I would have smoked him then I just admited to racing lol

my thing is what could have happened would have been text book in the laws eyes but it would have been 100% wrong and how would I have defened it never mind the fact that I had no choice…

lol it reminds me in a way of racisem never mind slavery(we will all be in jail making walets and licence plates)

sorry long winded and bad grammer and spelling