its all over

on the way to the tnc meet last night i got pulled over and my car towed off to the next exit. the cop pulled me over and said that i was street racing a car that just happend to be beside me and had rims. and we were called in by some person that said we were doing above 160km. so he gave me a ticket for dangerous driving, racing a motor vehicle, and unfit tires on the front cause they were worn on the inside. so he got a tow truck to take my car to the next exit, but what does the fuck do he drives 2 exits past king which was 1 km away from where i got pulled. the other car the neon was let go. this is bullshit. i have a court date not even a fine amount. just a date. im selling my car 100% for sure now. ever since i bought it i have been harassed to shit because of what my car is. any ideas on what to do?

Were you going over 160? Were you and this neon making it look like you guys were racing? How did all this end up to him checking your tires :S What the cops are doing is such bs though, fcuk the police.

i was not at all going over 160 the most i did was 130. and the neon had euro clear taillights and shit. he was just side by side then when he seen cops ahead of us on the side of the road he pulled in front of me. another cop in a suv got out and checked the how high my car was off the ground. did an o2 test on my exaust and then looked under the hood. and he thought my capacitor on my sub was a bottle of nos i had to show him it was wires not hoses cause its 4 gauge. unfucking believable. then he gets out this fucking tool and says 2 tires have to be changed or the car is getting towed. so i got 2 tires on the double coming up the highway and then he just decides to tell this tow truck driver to take my car to the next exit. when i had a friends tow truck from Barrie coming with my winter tires

and thats the reason i think i might just get a truck next year and either an atv or dirt bike. Unless u have dedicated track car its not worth it to mod ur car anymore. The cops will screw u over in the end, and u pay pay pay

that sucks man, sorry to hear…anyways don’t sell your 240 because of this if you really like it.

i am putting my 94 nissan d21 pickup on the road right after i sell the 240.

haha Turbo that and you won’t get harassed.

Do you honestly think this would have happened if you were going the speed limit? Now I don’t like cops and their views on modded cars anymore than the next guy. But They are just doing their job. Two cars doing 130 down the highway side by side sure looks like street racing. I fell bad for your situation, but there is no need to sell your car. Just obey the law and they will have no reason to pull you over…

the 240 is for sale cause i need the money this just furthers the situation. and as for the cops i have been harassed by them since i got it. doesn’t matter if im just getting into it. or being followed. or being told that the blue cover over my license plate is illegal and i could get a fine. to much shit

two cars doing 130km/h on the highway street racing? what highway do u drive on? is it maybe highway 10 or highway 25 where its 80km/h. Or is it highway 401 or 400. because the last time i checked when i do 130km/h on the 401 or 400 im going slower than the flow of traffic.

130 is nothing and is definitly not street racing on a highway. on a regular road it would be

I didn’t say it was street racing. But to little granny McGee doing 90 in her accent two known “tuner” cars passing her side by side looks like racing.

As far as I know, anything obstructing the view your license plate is possible grounds for a ticket. Just get a clear cover, blue looks dumb anyway.

I have only been pulled over in my 240 once. I was going quite a bit faster than the speed limit on the 401. Did i deserve the ticket? Yes. Did I get the ticket because I drove a 240. No.

If you don’t make your car an attention whore and maybe follow the rules of the road, you wont get pulled over.

I agree with everything he just said. Wow. Good post.

krgoodwin
you can take your “it was your fault attitude and shove it up ur ass”. k go fuck your self. i don’t care for ur dumb fucking post. keep ur shit outa my posts if all u have to say is well its your fault. my insurance is gona be fucking outrageous now and i cant afford the amount of money that i will owe for this. i asked for advice not someone make me feel worse. eat shit. and any one who agrees with him keep ur mouth shut, and make a post some where else about how police are always justified.

This is always a sensitive issue, because I agree with both sides.
On one hand, if you weren’t speeding, you would not get pulled over. I’ve never been pulled over in my 240, for any reason. And I’ve driven infront of a cop with the equivalent of a straightpipe when my muffler broke off.
On the other hand, I always drove slower and less aggressively in the 240 than I do in more family-ish cars. This is because I know, that if I get pulled over while driving like a madman in a stock 05 silver corolla with a hood deflector, I’ll get a ticket. If I do the same in the 240, I’ll get my shit towed, and accused of street racing.
All in all, don’t do the crime and you won’t have to do the time. But you WILL get burned much harder if you break the law in a “tuner” type car, and I’m not going to deny that. Cops ARE dicks, and I will be the first to talk shit about how much I hate the fuzz, but I’ve never ever had a problem with them because I obey the law.

get a lawyer.

you will end up with a speeding ticket and $2k + in lawyer’s fees.

bush league. better you then me.

it all souds like alot of hear say. do they even have you clocked on a radar speeding?

any good lawyer can have this thrown out, especially with no witness. it is gonna cost
you money no matter which way you slice it though. g/l.

peace

Take it to court theirs a low chance that the charges will stick when the Crown has no witness.

sell ur 240… its not worth YOUR problems :slight_smile: … my car daily drive everywhere … no real problems… i only get tickets when i do something wrong.

IF UR GOING 130… the law is 100… ur still 30 over… no crying about anything when doing something wrong… i go 120 on highways and 15over on normal streets… got a 20over ticket this year, september court day… days go on.

[QUOTE=Lucidsnow;241557]sell ur 240… its not worth YOUR problems :slight_smile: … my car daily drive everywhere … no real problems… i only get tickets when i do something wrong.

IF UR GOING 130… the law is 100… ur still 30 over… no crying about anything when doing something wrong… i go 120 on highways and 15over on normal streets… got a 20over ticket this year, september court day… days go on.[

ok well i yes speeding is speeding but i got race a vehicle and careless driving man. that is bull shit