What can we do, this has to stop before it gets worse.

I’m not putting my 240 on the road this year.

Whats the point. If I put my car on the road it will be taken away from me by those sent to serve and protect. I will have to spend money to retrieve it, and waste time fighting whatever (if any) charges are brought against me. I will have to deal with the vehicle going through a 140 point MTO inspection and pay fines on any non oem modifications.

Are the actions pertrayed by our law enforcement justified ? In some respects yes. I agree that reckless and aggressive driving is an issue that needs to be properly enforced. However, pulling over vehicles that look modified and subjecting them to MTO regulated inspections is profiling plain and simple. One cannot segregate an inidivdual from a group based on thier appearance without subjecting the entire group to the same test. If a modified car has to take this MTO exam, then every car in the city must take the MTO exam. There is no legal way of sperating a demographic and subjecting them, and them alone to any inspection, testing, or other form of detainment etc… What I have read is that peoples driving seemingly modified vehicles are being subjected to MTO safety tests and a deemed by the police as “unfit for street use” unfortunatly, a police officer is not a certified mechanic and is unable to make that dicesion on his/her own and thusly in no position to enforce said decsision to impound, transport, and detain that vehicle. If this action was just, all vehicles in that area must be subject to the same descrimination. But they were not. How is this possible under Canadian law ?

What we have now are police following the instructions of thier superiors, and in doing so are commiting crimes of a civil rights nature. Are the police directly at fault ? They know the laws, they should they enforce them. They should know that what they are doing is not entirely legal. They should know that they are violating the civil rights of a specific demographic. Thier superiors should know the same. Our government should know the same. But as we’ve seen by thier actions in the past week, they do not. Perhaps we as this demographic need to stand up for ourselves and tell them what they are doing wrong.

Who is there to police the police ? Who is there to police our government ? The answer that I assume most of you are thinking, is “I don’t know”. If our governemt and protectors were ideal, they work for us. They are to provide for the people, to serve and protect them. That is not happening.

We need to send a message to our government, and our police, that we will not stand for intimidation, profiling, unlawful detaiment of property, and the civil rights abuses therein.

As far as I know, the definition of “street racing” is not set, or clearly defined anywhere within our current legal system. Perhaps it should be.

I would like to aquire the names and stories of all those who have had thier vehicls impounded during this so called “blitz” in the last week or so and continue to aquire the names and stories of those who have yet to be subject to this descrimination and profiling. As well I would like all of those who are as outraged as myself regarding this matter to join together. Something has to be done, and this will not go away be ignoring it.

This is not to be misunderstood as defying the law, or that the attempt to curb deaths resulting in aggressive, or dangerous driving is uneccessary. It is, it is very necessary. How ever, for our society to function, for our laws to be just, these laws must conform to EVERYONE, all peoples, all vehicles. Not just those with body kits, turbos, and aftermarket parts.

I registered “Iamnotastreetracer.com” last summer but have not been able to do anything with it as of yet. That will shortly change and become something that may be of some help to those of us who are victemised, or outraged at our government and police services for thier actions, and ignorance.

Lets stand up for ourselves, together, and create a voice that our government will hear.

wow, such a coincidence, i just posted a similar thread (but much less detailed lol) on my university forum to get some ideas going

this isn’t going to be easy, but i fully support your initiative

very well written, and i fully support your initiative on any course of action you decide to take. I know people who are in the same situation. You have my support. Personally I’ve been thinking about writing the provincial government representative in my area to voice my concern over this matter although my lone voice wont have much affect and my letter would probably be left under a stack of other letters.

I’d like to see this go far. let me know what i can do to help when you have a plan.

im here to help just as much as them.

that almost brought a tear to my eye. it is getting out of hand.

This evenings “incedent” isn’t going to make our lives easier at all ref: http://forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=25828

One voice toward our MPs and representatives may not feel like it’s making a difference, but it will. Sometimes it only takes one voice to stand up and bring in the voices of others who didn’t know what to do with thiers. I think that we should collect the contact information of all of our MP and representatives and each one of us send a letter to all of them, all of our voices going to all our MPs etc. (ie: I send a letter to every mp and you do the same) That way there will be many voices being heard by many people many times over. Perhaps something will come of it.

This is down right sad… I just got my 240sx not to long ago, i’m not to thrilled about the idea of cops being able to take it away from me and/or hassle me because of how it looks or sounds.

This is a slap in the face to those of us who like having nice looking cars. This “legal” action isnt going to stop street racing its only going to aggravate the innocent.

[-X

Man this is getting not only stressful but depressing, wth, these assholes… so now you get why I was pissed off and cursing in the other thread to let off some steam… It’s just getting absolutely completely in every maximum possible way ridiculous.

i think letters to our mp’s mite be a good way to start off… second maybe sending a letter to the local paper, of the other half of the story… because right now the media is just beating the shit out of people who drive modified cars and so maybe we can use that to our advantage.

Tell them that we understand the publics concern for street racing but they have to understand our concern as automotive enthusiast.

We need to PROTEST in front of CITY HALL!!!

^^ Well Queen’s Park.

Lets have a non-violent car show out there.

That would actually be hilarious…dont let the cops and the lawmarkers come see how harmless the shows are bring the show to them complete with import models!

http://forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=17324

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/f...d.php?t=100572

shoot first, ask questions later

apparently you shot so fast, u killed the link before questions could be asked :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100572

wtf, its the same as above. this one works the other doesn’t.

yur previous link didnt expand to show the whole web address. i read that one last night and talked to my friend about it. he pointed out a good point that subarus stick out a lot more than your average tuner, especially in markham where most of the tuners are subarus, or at least the loud ones heh.

I would like to aquire the 140 point checklist so that I may be prepared to deal with the situation when it happenes. if we all try to abide by the cheklist, maybe we can avoid some of this bull crap.

Good Idea… I wouldnt mind seeing the list myself so I could do a once over on the car. I will assume its just a safety inspection thou but their probably more anal about it?

Here is the ERASE program list…

http://forums.vitalmotion.net/police-stories-tickets-insurance-modifications-blitz-q/17747-printable-version-erase-your-cars.html

make sure ur car is LEGAL interms to this list… so that they cant tow ur car from getting outa mcdonalds like the poor guy sti

anyone have more of this list? swapped engines(sr)? turboing stock engine(kat)? etc… thanks

It’s too early on a Monday for me to be getting my panties in a twist.

But damn … could you imagine every single (responsible) modified car owner driving en mass to Queen’s Park?

THAT would be a sight to see. Newsworthy as all hell too. Then again, probably half of them would overheat.

Would be nice if the muscle car guys, who are largely ignored, would jump on board to give us some credibility.

It would also be a chance to bring out some really nasty street cars. When there’s a few thousand of you, there aren’t enough cops/MTO officers to pull everyone over!

Then again, it would be just like the assholes to show up and pull everyone over.

Looks like the summer of the sleepers is here.

I’ve joined the stock body, stock wheels, stock suspension, good tires/boost controller crowd for a reason. :wink:

i live in napanee and i would be willing to come up for this ride. its worth it. cops around here are not bad but they will pull us over for anything! tint, tire pressure, anything just to get us off the roads. I’m willing to do anything to clear the names of tuners. whens this ride gunna be?