Audi People - Problem 1 with my A4 1.8T

What do they recommend on these cars? Timing belt every 50,000 miles?

This car will be gone by the time I need it replaced.

thought it was 80 or 100k for replace. if my car i would do at 80k

Yeah, it will definitely be gone by then. Haha

glad to hear things are finally working out for you. just don’t let jeff sit in it, he might combust.

what?

all of the 180 and 225 motors have forged internals… you’re incorrect.

beyond that TT 225’s have dual exhaust and dual intercoolers… different programming (naturally) and lower compression… the 225 rods are physically thicker so ‘better’ but both are forged… so don’t be misinformed.

http://forums.motivemag.com/zerothread?id=3443644

this link helps for info pertaining to tt’s.

they actually have a write up saying 105k… as of 2002 they did… it’s suppose to be done at 80k… i did mine at 74k and am about to get ready to do it again at 120k.

80k I can see… 105k mine should have been good for another 5k, but oh well, getting fixed for free FTW

I always do timing belts every 60K-- I have always considered it cheap insurance. Some will argue with me, but I’ve never had a timing belt break on any of the 30+ cars I’ve owned.

Holy shit, I am picking up the car tonight. After endless arguing with the dealership and endless waiting, I’m finally picking the car up. It’s been done for over a week, but the dealership wouldn’t cough the money up.

The motor went 4/7/08. Today is 6/16/08. Roughly 10 weeks. Unbelievable.

did they pay for the whole Bill ?

Yep. New head, t-stat, waterpump, and obviously new timing belt.

congrats

Thanks. It’s going to be nice not having to share the truck with my dad anymore. Haha

Who cares :slight_smile:

There both queer cars…

semi-gay…not my deal. I did see one with an APPLE sticker… talk about some homo shit right there…

:slight_smile:

I can hook you up with one for the new pimpness u bought!

Man I wish I would have seen all this before you even went there. We Call them SES automotive (for Service Engine Soon). My shop used to do all thier inspections and so on. We still do some, but I think we were having some payment issues with them. Thier cars are top of the line shit. Many come from out of state with various problems. They fix what is cheap and put as little into them as they can so they can sell them. They are proof that you really can polish a turd. They used to be Classic Kars, but for whatever reason they changed the name. I wouldn’t buy gum from those guys. Best of luck with your ride though. I hope after all that you don’t have anything else.

the rods are cast not forged :wink:

regardless is the car fixed and running?

Yeah, I’ve had it for a couple weeks now. Getting ready for a trip to Myrtle Beach in it tomorrow night, wish me luck… ugh.

I have 104k on my stocker. I put 30k miles on this year. :stick:

Anyways I’ll be changing it within the next few weeks… the rx7 is going to paint on tuesday so I can clean out my garage and change it while its gone.